xvi. IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT LOVE BITES

Time. You thought you had more of it. That was, until you heard your parents calling out for you. Your eyes met Eddie's, nothing but pure panic was present in your mind.

"Y-Yeah?" you called out in response.

"Come downstairs, we want to see you!" your father shouted. Your eyes brimmed with tears, your time with Eddie was going to be cut short. You couldn't let that happen, you wouldn't let them take him from you.

Hesitantly, you made your way downstairs. Your parents were dressed in their travel attire, a phony smile on their faces as you came into view. "You look sick, y/n. This is why we can't leave you alone, you barely take care of yourself," your mother scolded.

     "I'm sorry. I've been busy," you mumbled, avoiding eye contact like it was the plague.

    "Have you been wearing your retainer? It looks like you've gotten a snaggle tooth or something," your father chimed in. You rolled your eyes in response. "You know, I don't appreciate your attitude," he added.

     "Aww, I've missed you guys, too," you smile patronizingly.

You watched as your father walked into the laundry room, picking up Eddie's Hellfire shirt that you had forgotten to hide. "What's this?" he asked, turning to you with the shirt in hand.

"That's, um, that's my shirt, my friends shirt! She stayed here, for um, for a few days," you stuttered. Your mouth went dry, and you had a terrible feeling that it wasn't from your nervousness.

A loud clang sounded out from your room, both of your parents heads' snapping towards the stairs. Before you could intervene, they were sprinting upstairs to your bedroom, where Eddie was crouched picking up the lamp he had bumped into.

His head jerked to the doorway where your parents stood, fuming. You chased after them, but it was too late. It was over, they were going to take him away from you.

Your mother turned to you, anger boiling beneath the surface. "My God, I've raised a whore," she seethed, smacking your face.

Tears pricked your eyes at the thought of what they were going to do to Eddie. Your fear and sadness quickly turned into rage.

Before you could even register what you were doing, you charged at your mother. It was all a blur after that. When you came to, you were standing above your parents, who laid on the ground, presumably dead.

Shakily, you looked up to meet Eddie's gaze, a smile bordering on proud gracing his beautiful face. "Wh-What did I do?" you spoke weakly, looking down at your hands to see them covered in your blood.

Eddie walked up to you, taking your hands in his. You thought he was going to kiss them when he began to bring them up to his face. But, to your wildest surprise, he began to suck on your fingers. A mewl left your lips at the sight. "Taste it, it's life changing," Eddie said, his tone demanding.

You leaned in, kissing him hastily. He tasted like a sweet copper. You had never loved a taste more. You groaned into his mouth as he pulled you closer to him by your hair. "I did it for you, Eds. They were gonna take you away from me, I had to do it," you pulled away from the kiss, a string of saliva mixed with blood connecting the two of you as you did so.

"I'm so proud of you, baby. You did so good, so good for me. You're perfect," Eddie groaned, "I hate to ruin the moment, but we have to go."

"What? Why?" you asked, your brows furrowing in confusion. Eddie cupped your face with his hands.

"Just, let me put it like this. People are going to find out about your parents, so, unless you want more people trying to separate us, we need to leave now. Get a head start," he explained. You tried to sneak a glance at your parents but Eddie held your head firmly in place, keeping your gaze on him. "You trust me, don't you?" he asked.

You nodded without hesitation, "What about Steve, and Robin, and- and Dustin?"

"It's too risky, y/n/n. If they know where we are, we're putting them in danger, too. People are probably already looking for Jason, it's only a matter of time before they find us. We need to go, tonight. No time for goodbyes," Eddie gave you a sympathetic smile, as he traced your lips with his thumb.

You climbed into the passenger seat of your parents car, Eddie sat in the drivers seat. As Eddie began driving away, you could practically hear your parents voices in your head saying something along the lines of, shame... she had so much potential, or, she's a disappointment to the family name. But they couldn't say things like that to you anymore. In some sick, twisted way, you had never felt more alive. As ironic as it is.

As you drove away from Hawkins in the dead of night, you thought of all of your fondest memories. But then your eyes flitted to Eddie, and you realized that he was your home now. You loved him, and you would bite and kill whoever it took if it meant you could be with him for the rest of eternity.