𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏. 1

▓▒▒░░░ HAND HOLDING ░░░▒▒▓█

"Okay, time to practice your lying

"Okay, time to practice your lying." Schwoz, a small man with a weird accent, announced as he walked up to a podium at the front of the room. Schwoz was a brilliant scientist who invented most of the weapons used in fighting crime and did most, to all, of the non physical work.

Two groans came from the back of the classroom, but they were ignored.

"My friend is on fire, I must run to pour water on his f𝘦ace." Schwoz used a pointer as he read the words off of the slide.

"My friend is on fire, and I~I’m really the only one doing this?" Mika, the smartest of the group, trailed off as she noticed the other silent students. She was a creative thinker and was one of the brightest people in the room.

"As fun as it is to practice lying all day, it's not fun at all, and I hate it." Chapa, a girl with dark brown eyes and a temper, hissed as she clinched her first. Chapa embodied the color red and was always on edge or angry.

"Hate is a very strong word… And in this case, it's accurate!" Miles, the peacefully unworried boy, turned to Schwoz, who placed his hands on his hips. Miles believed in fate and the will of the universe, unlike his twin sister Mika.

The twins both shared smooth and dark skin and had currently braided their black hair. They clashed yet complimented each other with their personality and colors, purple and yellow.

"What they're trying to say is that Captain Man brought this school to teach us to be superheroes, but if all we do is-"

"Lying is a very important part of being a superhero! You have to learn to protect your secret ident𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘵ity." Schwoz stuttered.

"You know what, we didn't ask for these powers." Chapa complained.

"Uuuggghhh, here we goooo." Schwoz groaned as he turned around and smashed his face into the slideshow he was presenting.

"Yeah, you built the weapon that blew up and gave 'em to us when Captain Man and Kid Danger fought Drex!" Miles called out.

"Yeah, you were all '𝘢𝘪𝘪𝘪𝘦𝘦𝘦! 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘦𝘦!'" Bose, the handsome but dumbest of the group, said as he impersonated Schwoz. Despite the fact his head seemed empty, he was kind and always had a smile. He was definitely a favorite out of everyone.

Everyone laughed as I shook my head with a smile, a blond ringlet falling out from behind my ear. "Why is that funny? A caveman really was on top of me!"