Chapter Ten: The Pictures

Dustin awoke to the sound of his name being spoken over and over again from the radio that was at the side of him. At first, he thought he was trapped in one of his many reoccurring dreams. His dreams seemed far too real recently but what did he expect? The past few years had been a running roller coaster and it didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. they'd fought unimaginable things whilst at Hawkins, things that only seemed possible in nightmares and so constantly his mind was on the fact that they were going to have to be the ones to make the entire operation stop, they would have to why the ones to save the world from hitting rock bottom but with your own knowledge as well as your friends' that wasn't always easy.

"Dustin? Henderson? Dustin? Guys?" The radio erupted into a chant almost like a song but Nellie had already picked it up.

"Who the hell are you!?" The person on the radio shouted.

"Nellie. Who the hell are you?" She mocked and let out a small laugh from amusement.

"Man this is weird pass me over to someone I know will you?" He said, pacing around the kitchen of his hideout where he now was.

Nellie passed the walkie-talkie over to Nancy and then walked over to the sofa. She then listened in to what the conversation was about, finding it interesting. It was such a strange feeling to now be sitting in a cosy living room of someone's house after being in a psych ward for what felt like hundreds of years, she almost didn't believe it.

Nancy took the wake talkie and started to talk to someone over the phone about some food or alcohol or something. Nellie couldn't really hear any of it but she gathered it wasn't that important so didn't pay much more attention to it. She was curious as to who it was though.

Nancy sighed, "Eddie it's Nancy what is it that you need so urgently this time in the morning?" She asked.

"Well um, I'm gonna need a food delivery. unless you want me to go out into the world to go get it myself but then there's that risk of-" Eddie began.

"Alright okay. No no, don't do that." Nancy cut him off. "Just stay exactly where you are we'll be with you as soon as we can. We're just busy figuring stuff out right now."

"Yeah yeah yeah. Well um listen I know it's stupid as shit drinking right now but can you pick me up a six-pack?" He asked. "A cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves."

Nancy turned towards the couch only to notice that both Nellie and Max were gone. She'd only seen Nellie a few moments before but Max she hadn't seen since the night before so in a panic she stood up.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back," she said, turning off the walkie-talkie before Eddie could complain.

She then darted over to Dustin and started to shake him awake. Typical for him to have fallen back to sleep and as for Steve well he was supposed to have been keeping watch with him but had also gone back to sleep.

Dustin awoke suddenly and sat up quickly wondering what was going on but soon realised when Nancy told him why she was so panicked. Nellie and Max together were one thing they chose not to trust. It wasn't out of spite but just because Nellie had been involved with Vecna before when he had gone by the name Henry Creel so they didn't want to take any chances after Max had been under the curse only house before. That and well they didn't know her all too well yet.

At a quick pace, they all headed to the kitchen to see if they could find them anywhere only to come to a halt as they saw them at the table sitting together, Max drawing something peculiar with a red and black pencil.

Nellie looked over and gave a faint smile, ushering them over to the table. They both sighed in relief and took a seat, staring at the drawing in front of them and then moving their gaze towards Max who seemed to be on her own mind, almost like she was under some sort of trance once again.

Nancy then looked towards the door, "does anyone know where Steve is?" She asked, a look of concern coming over her face.

"Don't worry he is just at the store getting some things for some guy called Teddie? Or maybe it was Andie," Nellie said.

"Eddie." Dustin corrected her with a laugh, finding the fact that she couldn't recall his name quite funny.

Nellie raised her brow but then nodded, "ohh yeah of course it was Eddie. Ignore me." She said and then signalled over to the drawings in front of Max that she had drawn. "These are drawings... but not any old drawings."

Max looked up, "it's the pieces I saw when I was in the... the.."

Nancy nodded in understanding knowing that it was hard for her to explain it and then she turned back to Nellie. "Is there something else you're not saying? What do you mean by 'not any old drawings' does it mean something important?"

Nellie started to piece them together slowly, taking one of the sheets that looked like a door with a rose glass pane on it. "It's the Creel's house I'd never forget it. It was very much like mine apart from the one glass pane on the door which resembled a rose. It's got to mean something."

She then outlined the drawing and made it look more like a house before turning to the others. "It's definitely the house I can't make it up. Max is it?" She asked, receiving a nod from the auburn-haired girl. "Max saw it in the upside down.. maybe that's where he's hiding."

Nancy got up and nodded, "we have to go check it out. Someone inform Steve and get him to meet us there. Nellie you take us as you know where it is."

Everyone gathered their things together, taking torches and other important things they'd need to embark on the next chapter of their mission and then Dustin alerted Steve to meet them there with a few more essentials they thought necessary. They then all set out to the old Creel's house, somewhere Nellie thought she'd never step foot in ever again.