Chapter Eleven: A Reoccurence Of The Past

Nellie looked out of the car window as they drove down the long winding street, towards the place where she had once lived. The nostalgic feeling was not a good one when they'd pass the woods, the same woods where Nellie had been with Henry when they'd run away, the same woods she used to go through to get to school. It all proved itself too overwhelming for her when seeing everything again but she knew in order to help who she considered her new friends, she'd have to go through with it no matter the cost. That was what they were all doing anyway though right? Risking their lives to save Hawkins from any more destruction, so for once, it wasn't like she was alone when doing something. They needed her in order to do this and so she was willing to risk everything for it. I mean come on she'd gone through a whole life of torture at Hawkins lab, this was nothing.

Steve looked over to her and then towards Dustin who gave him a look that made him turn his head back to the window. It was obvious he didn't like Nellie very much or at least he didn't trust her but then again trust was a very hard thing when you were putting everything on the line in order to defeat someone powerful, especially if that someone practically appeared out of nowhere declaring she would help even though she had once been that enemy's friend.

Soon the group arrived at the house and got out of the car, all standing and staring at the dark, mysterious house that was full of dirt and wooden Ballards to prevent anyone from from getting in or out. Nellie was the last one to get out, unsure about the whole situation, surely they'd find clues but what if Henry sensed her there? What if he tried to trap her? Get her back on his side? She wouldn't give in without a fight but even then he might have been a lot stronger than her now...

Her thoughts were distracted by a familiar voice that happened to be Steve. "Yeah, that's not creepy," he said sarcastically as he walked towards the door that had been boarded up.

Nellie rolled her eyes and then followed the rest of them, taking one glance at the house she had once lived in with her family. However, upon looking at it she noticed that it hadn't been boarded up like the creel house, in fact, it looked exactly the same as if no darkness had ever stepped foot inside of it. It was strange considering that normally when a family had experienced someone being fatally killed in a house or any building really, they'd be knocked down or boarded up but it was as if her mother's death had never happened. It had definitely happened though, she'd seen it with her own eyes or so she thought...

Nancy took a hammer from the case of essentials that they'd taken along with them and handed it to Steve who started to take the nails out from the pieces of wood that were prevented them from entering.

Steve sighed, "what exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" he asked.

"We're not sure. We just know this house is important to Vecna." Nancy told him.

"Well yeah, it's where his powers grew, the place he found safety or at least for a few days. He hated this house and hated his parents for moving him here..."
Nellie interrupted the conversation and then looked at the stained glass on the door. She'd always admired the red rose on it before but now it looked almost as if it had dropped and died along with the house

Dustin nodded and then turned to the others, "Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is hiding. Why he's back and more on why he killed the Creels."

"Isn't that what she's for," Steve muttered, motioning towards Nellie.

"I only know so much Harrington. Don't forget I only knew him for around 2 years and he was a very secretive person. He held more secrets than he let off so even some of this is new to me." She said in an annoyed tone which sent him quiet.

Robin just shook her head and picked up a brick you lot coming or not? We have no time for your bickering sessions Mr Hairington." She joked with a grin, nudging him gently before throwing the glass at the window pain without much evident fear on her face at all.