Chapter Twelve: Eddie Munson

With a jolt, the car arrived at its destination, right in the place where Eddie Munson had been staying or at least hiding from the world due to being a suspect for the murders that had been happening all over Hawkins. At first, rolling down the winding road it seemed perfectly normal, the street was quiet as usual and no one was about but that was all too good to be true, as when they arrived there were people crowded around in heaps and police tape everywhere, not to mention the noise of the sirens going off around the nearby lake.

At first, they all got out of the car with confused looks on their faces. What had been going on.? Had there been another death? Was Eddie in danger? The last one was thought of primarily by Dustin but it was still a  possibility to everyone, considering that Jason and his gang of thugs were looking for his every move to catch him and give him what they thought he deserved. However, upon listening in on the live news report that was airing at the exact time they were standing there, they suddenly became alarmed with their answer.

The reporters stood in front of an officer who began speaking about the incident, "We received the call a little after midnight reporting a homicide out here on the lake."

Robin and Lucas just looked at each other. It was clear everyone knew what had actually happened was. It was no lie that it was a homicide but what people didn't know was that it wasn't a person at all, in fact, this seemed to be the same case as the past murders. First Chrissy Cunningham, Nancy's dear friend Fred, then almost Max and now one of course a new face who they weren't so sure about yet.

Nellie looked out to the lake, her ears suddenly becoming overwhelmed by the sound of chimes. A little like the chimes of an old grandfather clock, except it, had started to get louder and louder and louder. She almost felt as if something was pulling her towards them and away from the group until suddenly the chimes stopped and a faint whisper could be heard.

"Nellie..." someone whispered. "Nellie Brown..." there it was again.

However, it seemed to go all quiet again when Nancy spoke. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked, noticing the look on Nellie's Face. She looked as if she'd seen a ghost.

She turned to her and smiled faintly. "I'm fine just thinking. Hey didn't they just mention who they think did this?" she said, quick to change the subject.

Everyone turned their attention back to the officer who continued speaking on the matter. " Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's lake about ten yards from that house you see behind me and it was there we found the Victim an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney with his limbs and his body disfigured." He explained.

"We have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward." He added.

Steve looked at them all with wide eyes, "Oh man. This is not good, really not good." he told them, Nancy shaking her head in agreement.

As the officer's interview came to a close and he started to walk off, suddenly Dustin's radio started playing with a panicked voice on the other side, the same voice belonging to Eddie. Quickly Dustin answered the call and moved out of the way from where everyone was standing because he knew full well if anyone heard Eddie on the other side and knew they were part of the whole scheme of keeping him hidden they'd be in serious trouble.

Eddie spoke through the radio, "Dustin, Can you hear me? Wheeler?"

"Eddie. Holy shit are you okay?" He asked him, looking around at the scene in front of them.

Eddie on the other side of the radio shook his head and put one hand to his face, "Nah, man. Pretty... Pretty goddamn far from okay. I'm at skull rock do you know it?"