Chapter 2

"hello, I'm Hermione Granger, I'm 22 years old. I'm a first gen witch so you won't know who my parents are." Hermione said. A few blood supremacists scoffed at her.

"What's a first gen?" A little third year Hufflepuff asked. Hermione smiled at him and started to explain. "A first gen is a first generation witch or wizard also known as a muggle born before that word was outlawed in 1999." Hermione explained.

"Why was the word outlawed?" A Ravenclaw fifth year girl asked. "Well, the term was insulting as the word muggle derives from mug and le. Which basically means you're calling someone stupid and since muggle borns are those who have magic when no one else in their family does, that means you called them muggle borns which means they are less than humans since they don't know how to do something. My friend —smiling at Holly, who smiled back at her— had gotten a law where that word was outlawed passed the Wizenmongot and so now we call witches and wizards born into families with no magic, first gens and those without magic are called no-maj." Hermione said.

The Ravenclaw nodded as they wrote that down. Everyone else besides some Slytherin's set in their own way smiled at the new term. Others scoffed in disgust at the words.

"Hi, I'm Neville Longbottom—Frank perked up at the mention of his last name.— I'm 21 years old, I'm a pure blood and my parents are Frank and Alice Longbottom." Neville said smiling towards his parents who were blushing and getting teased by their friends.

A blond girl stepped up, "hello, my name is Luna Lovegood, I'm 20 year old, I'm a pure blood and my parents are Xenophilius and Pandora Lovegood." Luna said airily. The two's friends nudged them as Pandora blushed. She had spent the longest time crushing on the aloof boy who talked about magical creatures.

"I'm Blaise Zabini. I'm 22 years old and I'm a pure blood. My mother is Anastasia Zabini." Blaise said. He had no idea who his father is since his mother had a new beau every year.

"I'm Theo Nott, my father is Theodore Nott, I'm a pure blood, and my mother is Rebekah Nott. " Theo said introducing himself. His parents sent him a small nod which Theo nodded back at. He also gave a small smile to his mother.

He missed her sometimes. She had died before he even got to know her. She died during childbirth so he knew he couldn't save her even if he wanted to. Not like the others could.

"Hello everyone. I'm Susan Bones—Amelia and Edgar both sat up at the mention of their family name.— My parents are Edgar and Seraphina Bones, I'm 22 years old and I'm a pure blood." Susan said with a friendly smile.

Edgar smiled at his future daughter and held his girlfriend closer to him.

"Hi, I'm Ron Weasley —Molly looked towards Arthur in surprise.—I'm 22 years old, I'm a pure blood, and my parents are Molly and Arthur Weasley." Molly rushed forward to give her son a hug.

"Hi! I'm Ginny Weasley —Molly and Arthur gaped as well as the Prewitt's since there hasn't been a female Weasley in the family for generations— I'm 20 years old and I'm a pure blood. My parents are also Molly and Arthur Weasley." Molly rushed forward to give her future daughter a hug as everyone looked at the other two red heads and thought about how many kids the Weasley's had.

"I'm Fred— And I'm George— Weasley. We're pure bloods. We're 24 years old— and our parents are Molly and Arthur Weasley." The twins finished. Everyone looked between them and the Prewitt twins with sighs. It looks like it was a family thing.

Molly also gave the two a hug as well before she went back to Arthur.

"Merry meet, my name is Draco Malfoy, I'm 22 years of age, I'm a pure blood, and my parents are Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy." Draco said introducing himself.