Chapter 1: Wrapped Into A New World

Everything was peaceful within Mushroom city. Everyone was walking about either for work or simply out and about playing. Most residents were Toads, tiny humanoid mushrooms, but many others were people from various parts of the world, as well as koopas, goombas, just to name a few.

Things were peaceful until the sound of sirens disrupted the tranquility.

In the streets, dozens of police cars chased a speeding van down the road. The van in question is carrying boxes of spaghetti, and its driver...well, it's one most of us here are very familiar with; an Italian man wearing red and blue with an 'M' on his hat. It was the famous heroic idiot plumber, Mario.

Mario: Ahahahaha!

Behind him, in one of the police cars, a man poked the upper half of his body out. This is Swagmaster696969696969 or Swag for short.

Swag: Stop right there, criminal scum! You violated my mother! Wait, no, that's not correct.

Another man, his partner, Chris, poked his head out.

Chris: Shut up, Swag!

Swag: Aww.

Chris then pulled out his microphone.

Chris: Pull over, thief, or we will use deadly force!

Mario stuck his head out and raised a middle finger.

Mario: Fack you!

Swag: Oh hell no. You're gonna get the swag launcher now!

Swag growled before he pulled out a giant rocket launcher. Chris began to panic!

Chris: Swag, wait! You'll damage the-

But it was too late: Swag fired the weapon, and the missile hit the road next to the van, the blast causing the van to lose control.

Mario: Ahahahahaha!

Mario panicked as he tried to regain control of the vehicle, which was leaving the city and entering the countryside by this point. But the thing about vans is that they're heavy. Thus, Mario had a tough time.

Mario: No! So close!

Swag: Damn it, I missed. Let me try again!

Swag repeatedly aims the launcher at the van, and Chris tries to stop him. But that was when things got a bit weird.

As Mario continued to steer, he was suddenly blinded by a bright light next to him. He covered his eyes with one hand while keeping his hand on the wheel.

Before long, the light disappeared, allowing Mario to regain his vision. He then turned to look in the direction, and to his shock, he saw a fifteen-year-old boy rubbing his head. The boy looked of German descent with brown hair going a little to his collarbone, a fair build, a green left eye, and a brown right eye. In his hand was a small flash drive.

Boy: Ugh...where am I?

Then the boy and Mario looked at one another, and they gasped.

Boy: M-Mario? H-How is this possible?!

Mario: Who the hell are you? How do you know my name?!

Boy: I-I played your games and watched internet videos about you. A-And you're really here?! H-Ho...

The boy then noticed the object in his hand. He looked at it, then at Mario, then at the van. That was when he blinked.

Boy: Am I in a van?

Mario: Oh, yeah.

Boy: Ah. Wait, so who's-

Because Mario was dumb, he forgot to look where he was going, and the van steered off the road and began to tumble down a hill and into the trees below. Mario and the boy screamed in fright.