Chapter 3: The Digital Dinos

A week went by during Tim's stay in the Mushroom Kingdom, and so far, things have been rather bumpy but otherwise quiet. In Tim's case, he was banned from visiting the castle for a week due to his actions. Peach wanted it to be forever, especially after the gang told her about his dimension of origin and the fact that he'll be staying with Mario, but SMG4, Luigi, and Meggy were able to convince her otherwise, so he spent that time resting in the Mario Brothers' house, either helping Luigi with chores, playing games with Mario (often at the red plumber's insistence) or just lying around to pass the time.

******************************************************************************

A few days passed, and Tim was lying on his air bed, staring at the roof. Now that the flash drive did not seem to have any way to help him get back to his world, he was thinking about what to do next. He sighed as he covered his face.

Tim: Ay, verdammt. What do I do now? I'm trapped here in a chaotic world where anything can happen, living with an idiot red plumber, and the only thing that could literally be the key to my way home is useless!

He fished out his flash drive and stared at him, eyes narrowing as his hand shook. He then took a deep breath before using his other hand to rub the temple of his forehead. Gulping, he stared at it as he sat up. After a brief period of silence, he said,

Tim: Well, since I'm stuck here, I might as well look at what this flash drive contains. Hmm, I wonder if they have a computer.

Tim sat up and approached the kitchen, noticing Luigi sitting next to the dining table, reading a newspaper with a headline that reads, "Crazy woman writes terrible Harry Potter fanfiction. Gets arrested."

Tim: Hey, Luigi.

Luigi looked up and smiled.

Luigi: Hey, Timmy. How are you feeling?

Tim shrugged.

Tim: I've been better. Hey, do you guys have a computer I can borrow?

Luigi: Yeah. Why?

Tim lifted the flash drive and showed it to him.

Tim: Since there's nothing that we can do on what to do about me getting back home, I figured I might as well check on what's in this thing.

Luigi nodded in understanding before he stood up.

Luigi: I'll get it!

Luigi walked off for a few seconds before returning with his laptop. Luigi then opened up the computer and logged himself in.

Luigi: There you go! All yours for now. Hey, before you use it, there are a couple of things I should let you know about. One: Mario might have some spaghetti photos. Don't bother deleting them. I deleted one, and I regretted it almost immediately.

Tim nodded.

Tim: Duly noted.

Luigi: Alright. And secondly: I'm sorry that you cannot return home now.

Tim: Oh, don't worry. It's not your fault, Luigi. We don't really know the circumstances about how I got here, so I can't fault anyone. Thanks, though.

Luigi and Tim smiled before Luigi went back to reading his newspaper while Tim inserted the flash drive, beginning his search throughout the drive and what files he could look at.

Tim searched through the folders, looking at the various people, creatures, characters, food, and other objects from women to tigers to machines to even pizza. Tim hummed as he inspected them all. Then, he remembered the file size and let out a small whistle.