Chapter 6: Undead Woomy

Another day went by in the Mushroom Kingdom, and evening had fallen.

Mario, Luigi, and Tim were in their reconstructed home, watching a scary movie together. The film was called Paranormal Activity. Well, Mario's the only one watching. Luigi was freaking out, and Tim was looking at his phone. Luigi shivered at a scene where there was an empty bedroom. Suddenly, a man's body was flung to the camera, making Luigi scream and jump to the back of the couch. The abruptness of the noise made Tim gasp while Mario just laughed at Luigi's misfortunes. Tim turned around and looked down at where Luigi was hiding.

Tim: Luigi, are you alright?

Luigi meekly raised his head.

Luigi: T-This movie's too scary for me! Why did you agree to this, Tim?!

Tim: Technically, Mario's the one who came up with it. I just agreed because we had nothing better to watch. And this movie certainly didn't help cure my boredom.

Mario, all the while, was wiping his eyes from laughing so hard.

Mario: Oh, I wish I had my phone with me! Hahaha! The look on your face!

Luigi frowned while Tim just shook his head.

Tim: Relax, Luigi. It's just a movie. Look, how much time is there?

He grabbed the remote and pressed a button, showing the length of the movie and the time remaining. He noticed that there were around 5 minutes left.

Tim: See, not much time left!

Luigi: O-Oka-AAH!!

Luigi then jumped back to the couch as a woman's face morphed into a demon and lunged at the screen. Tim just shook his head and then pointed to the credits.

Tim: See, it's over. Alright?

Luigi lifted his head and, shivering, nodded. Tim nodded as he then turned off the TV.

Tim: Anyway, it's time for bed. Hey, Mario. Mario?

Tim and Luigi turned to see Mario snoring on the couch. Luigi raised a brow.

Luigi: I guess he must've laughed himself so hard he passed out.

Tim: I guess. I'm not carrying him, though. Well, I'm heading off to bed.

Tim soon stood up and walked off while Luigi stayed there for a moment, looking at the screen before scampering off.

Later on, everyone was asleep. Luigi had already placed a blanket on Mario, so he got comfortable. Tim was getting himself ready on his bed, plugging his phone with the charger so it could charge up for the night. As Luigi walked over, Tim asked,

Tim: You feeling alright, Luigi?

Luigi nodded.

Luigi: Yeah. The movie still scares me, though.

Tim chuckled.

Tim: Luigi, why are you scared of a movie? You faced ghosts, eldritch gods, people with guns, and recently, two dinosaurs, to name a few. Why would a film scare you?

Luigi shrugged.

Luigi: It just does. I'm not always brave, you know.

Tim: Still. I know you're braver than that. *sigh* Whatever, get some rest. The nightlight and fan are on, so we won't be in complete darkness or silence.

Luigi: Y-Yeah. Good night, Tim.

Tim: Night.

Before long, everyone was asleep. But it would not stay this way for long.