6. Preparing

Ranboo pov:

I was sitting at the table waiting for Toby to finish as I realized. I had a ball to be in tomorrow.

"Hey Toby" I said looking at him

He hummed and looked at me.

"I have to go back to the capital today. I forgot there was a ball" I told him

"Oh. Well then we will leave today" He said and ate his food.

"You can stay here longer if you want" I rambled.

"Wtf are you talking about?! I'm your bodyguard. I have to protect you." He said firmly.

"You're not just my bodyguard. You're my friend! You can stay with your family!" I said.

"I want to come with you. There's no way you are going alone" He answered.

Tubbo actually wanted to be with me? He wasn't just doing his job.

"You never wanted to protect me" Lani huffed.

"The prince is more precious than you fucker." Toby said.

"I am your SISTER! He is a PRINCE you can't compare us like that. You have to compare us by LOVE" She snapped.

"I'll still choose him. No one loves you Lani" Came from Toby's mouth.

Did he mean it like LOVE love or friendly love?

"Okay quit it you two. We have a prince in here" Toby's dad said.

I just chuckled and looked at the fighting siblings. Toby was a little red and Lani was mad.

"We must get going before it becomes dark." Toby announced as he got up.

I followed him to his room and took my bag. Toby just sat on his bed looking sad.

"Seriously. I can go back alone. You can stay here with your family for a while. I said as I sat down beside him.

"It's not that.." He mumbled.

"What is it then?" I asked and stroked his arm with my hand.

"I- uhh- I'll tell you later." He said and got up.

He walked to his closet and looked back at me

"Am I coming to the ball to protect you or??" He said to me.

"Oh- I was supposed to ask you something.." I said and looked down.

"What is it?" Tubbo said calmly and walked over to me.

"Do you want to go to the ball with me? As like- Do you want to go like.. Together" I said as I looked at him.

I fiddled with my hands. I messed up didn't I..

He looked shocked but somehow happy.

"Of course I will.. Did you mean not in a bodyguard way?"

I just hummed. Then I was surrounded by a pair of arms. It was Toby of course. I hugged him back.

We stayed there for a while. He had his head near my shoulder. It could go over it because I was a lot taller than him.

We pulled back when someone opened the door. It was Lani.

"Aimey's here- Oh- Sorry I'll go.." She said and left.

I giggled a bit and looked at Tubbo.

"I'm sorry about them seriously" He said and grossed his arms.