Chapter 8

Tommy's tail gently swayed in the soft breeze. Ranboo kept his tail still but his ears would twitch every now and again. The falling of leaves was common in the fall, luckily for Kinoko there is no snow but it gets cold as the Atlantic when it's winter. Which is one of the reasons why Tommy doesn't want to leave the house during those times. Plus it would be outrageous to send children to school in that kind of weather. Tommy was dreaming about the snow, he wants to experience it. He wonders what it is like in his small hands, he's seen pictures but it doesn't compare. Nothing compares to actually being there, he could make snow angels, build a snowman, have a snowball fight! The possibilities are endless but it ends with him being unable to touch it.

Tommy tends to melt or sizzle things he touches, he's slowly but surely being able to control it but not fully. He almost burned Karl once, he accidentally burned Dream, he almost burnt a playground, he almost started a forest fire... Another reason why Tommy doesn't want to go outside, he truly does feel like Elsa. Just locked in a room hoping not to harm anybody but Tommy is easily agitated and sometimes repulsive.

He hopes his calming methods work, if it doesn't, he'll look for another one. The wind suddenly grew sharper, which stirred Tommy out of his rest. He opened his eyes slightly to see children running around and playing still. Tommy continued to lean on Ranboo, he was very comfortable, how could you say no to that? The angry winds blew once more, whistling in Ranboo's sensitive ears. They twitched a few times before he slowly started stirring awake. Ranboo slowly opened his eyes to see children running around. He sat up a bit with Tommy following behind him, "Did I wake you?" Ranboo asked looking down at the younger. "No I awoke first, I was afraid I woke you?" Tommy spoke with a soft smile.

Ranboo shook his head, "The wind is quite bold," they spoke looking up at the sky. Clouds were starting to set in, "Was it going to rain?" Is all Ranboo thought before he felt a droplet on his skin. He winced as he scooted back towards the tree... The children started to realize the droplets which caused them to squeal a bit. "Alright come inside quickly!" Sir Kiyoshi yelled out from the door. Ranboo couldn't go anywhere, not if he doesn't want to get burned. Some of the droplets hit his leg causing him to pull them towards his chest with a wince. They were about to cry but his tears would hurt as well. Tommy rest his hand on Ranboo's hand, it was so warm to the older. Ranboo looked up to see Tommy smile, "I'm right here Ranboo," he spoke. His eyes were soft, it was the same eyes George would give to Ranboo when he was upset. Ranboo opened his mouth, he nearly called Tommy his mother, that would be embarrassing.

Tommy then look over at their teacher, "Sensei! The rain is too much Ranboo cannot move!" Tommy shouted. Sir Kiyoshi used his magic causing a large bamboo umbrella to appear. The covering was orange with sakura petals on them. The man walked over to the two boys, "Soca (I see)" He spoke before picking Ranboo up. He then looked at Tommy, "Will you be okay Thomas?" The older asked. "Yes Sensei," Tommy replied walking towards the double doors. Everytime the rain touched him, it would sizzle off his skin, soon enough a mist appeared with him. Tommy started to hum as he walked, the children watched at their classmate.

Tommy opened his eyes to look at everyone, the boys were swooned while the girls were surprised. Tommy walked passed the girls, along with the boys but he winked at them causing their faces to flush, even the boy that didn't like Tommy. Tommy smiled before walking inside of the building, "Let's head to class," Sir Kiyoshi spoke entering the building. He rest Ranboo down and made his umbrella disappear. They walked to the classroom, Tommy was the first to enter with the boys following behind him. "We will take a couple of minutes to relax before we head to the lunch hall. Feel free to explore and roam around the classroom," Sir Kiyoshi spoke as he sat down on his futon.

The children did exactly that, Tommy sat on his futon and was immediately bombarded by the boys and two of the girls in the classroom. "Oh my god! Tommy you looked so cool!" One of the girls spoke with a slight squeal. "Thank you," Tommy replied taking out his fan to cover his mouth. "I've read stories that only gods can create smoke around them, especially in storms. You're a goddess!" The other girl spoke. "Goddess?" Tommy questioned before his face contorted in a smile. "You speak so highly of me, I'll try my best to answer your prayers," Tommy spoke with a slight amusement in his voice. "Thank you for taking care of us Kamisama!" They bowed slightly as they spoke. Tommy could get used to something like this, of course he wouldn't work them like slaves but it's nice to have some followers around.