Twenty nine

Giovanni

   The house is empty. No more footsteps, or random laughter. No more splashing around in to pool, and no more Lorenzo. The house is empty and so am I. I haven't gotten dressed, or showered for a week now. That's how long he's been gone. I did jump in the pool to scream. Maybe that counts as cleaning myself up. I roll my eyes when I hear pounding footfalls in the hallway.

  "Go away!" I scream at the door, already knowing who is behind it. In a matter of seconds the door is kicked open. "It was unlocked you idiota." My words are muffled by the pillow. I hear him gag. Geez I didn't know it was that bad. He stalks across the room to the windows and throws them open. Before I even lift my head to glare at him, I'm hauled out of bed and suspended in the air. I'm face to face with a frustrated Mario.

  "Can I help you?" He walks me into the bathroom and plops me on my feet. I'm not a small guy but Mario is fucking huge, he's not even that muscular looking he just has like superhuman strength or something. "You can shower, you smell like ass." He turns on the tap and folds his arms over his chest. I stare him dead in the eyes while I pull my pants and underwear off, then my shirt. Only breaking eye contact when my shirt goes over my eye.

  "Walk out I haven't gotten laid in forever and you look very delicious today." I wink at him before I hop into my shower. His face doesn't falter, but his eyes do. Before you could never read this man but since Lo left, his eyes shine with something. "Are you going to watch me?" I shout over the falling water.

  "Yes." He hasn't moved, I can still see his figure through the foggy glass. "We are going to the warehouse today. You have business to attend too. I'm sick of doing it all." He sounds extra grouchy. I don't want to go to the warehouse, but he's right I have too. He stands there for twenty five minutes while I shower and shave my over grown stubble.

  I step out and he tosses a towel over my face and walks to my closet. I sit on the edge of the bed. I know I've been moping but I deserve too. He picks out my charcoal grey suit and black tie. He places them on the bed and goes to leave. "I'll be in the kitchen."

  "Thank you." He waves me off and closes the door. It takes about five minutes to get dressed, but another five to convince myself to leave the room. I do, but I practically sprint out of my hallway. Maybe I'll change rooms. I get to the bottom of the stairs and I see Mario coming from Amara's hallway, or what was her hallway. He stuffs something in his pants.

  He looks hurt. "You okay?" His eyes find mine at the bottom of the steps. "I'm fine, I didn't get my heart broken." I study him for a second. "Fuck, I'm good Gio." He walks out the front door. Yeah okay. That's believable. I look into the hallway contemplating going to see what he was looking at, but I'm scared of him right now.

  He is already sitting in his BMW when I close the front door and descend the stairs. He leans over the passenger seat to pop open my door. "What a gentleman." I tease when I sit down. His face is more blank then before. He seems to be hiding his emotions. "I'm not saying this to be a dick, but you see off." His hands tighten in the wheel.

  "Like I said I'm fine." He speeds down my secluded neighbourhood. I go to speak again but he turns up the radio Papa Roaches Help blares through the car cutting me off. Does he not realize that makes me worry a little more. I look out the window as the words of the song hit me hard.

  The drive seems a lot longer, but I'm just taking in being out of the house. The car abruptly stops and the engine is cut off. This is not my warehouse. I sit up and turn to see Mergherite. "No." Is all I say. "Yes." Is all he says before he unbuckles our belts and gets out.

  If I don't get out he will just drag me out and that would be embarrassing so I reluctantly get out. "I hate you." He opens the door to the shop and motions for me to go in. "Ladies first." I counter. "You're a bottom." He says. My jaw flies open. "Fuck you." He smirks while I stomp through the door.

   I don't even wait for him to force me up the stairs I just go. I open the door and I'm instantly rushed with emotion. I take a step back but I'm met with a chest. "I can't." He doesn't budge or push me, he is just quiet. "Please." I beg. I don't want to go any further. He takes a step forward causing me to take one.

  Once I'm fully through the door he closes it on me. I bang on it. "Mario this is not fucking funny!" I pound my fist so hard against the metal. Once I see blood I stop. "Mario!" My voice shakes. I squeeze my eyes and take in big gulps of air. Suddenly the speakers around the garden that I put up when I was younger. I would listen to calming music when I was in here, but instead of calming its Five Finger Death punch Jekyll and Hyde.

  What the fuck is he doing. The drums pick up and I strut across the garden. I stand by the fountain where we last had sex together. "Is there so much goddamn weight on your shoulders, that you can't just love your motherfuckin'life?"

   I clench my fist and rise my foot the the naked man riding on a horse, water pouring from the mouth of the horse. I kick my foot out but stop. I don't want to destroy this place. Instead I drop to my knees and scream. "Oh,yo,yo there's a demon inside!" Shouts from the speakers around me. "All this anger inside." I scream, and scream. My lungs and throat burn. The song cuts off  and arms wrap around me.

  "I miss him." I cry, my voice raspy from shouting. "I know."

   "I want him. He broke me, and I still want him." He turns me around and holds me in a hug. Mario and I have never in all our years of friendship held each other. Not when my father died, not when his mother did. Never. I must be very broken.

  "Thank you." I choke out. "Shhh." He coos. I'm a sobbing mess. I needed this.