Chapter 2: First sight

Place: Topkapi Palace
Year: 1515

*The next day*

Marija: I woke up to the Kalfas yelling at us to wake up. Apparently we had classes to attend. In those classes we learned how to read and write in arabic, speak turkish, court ettiquete, dance and sing. After I finished my classes, I had to go to clean and fold the laundry. I wanted to walk to the cleaning room and then I heard a guard say: "Attention! Valide Melek Sultan, Mihrişah Sultan, Merve Sultan, Melike Sultan, Mükrime Sultan and Esma Sultan! The kalfa who accompanied me told me to bow.

*I saw 1 older Lady and 5 younger Ladies dressed in Black walking across the harem halls. 2 of the younger Ladies were both expecting a child. After the Ladies went away, I asked Gülten Kalfa who those women were.*

Gülten Kalfa: The older Lady is the Valide Melek Sultan. She is the Mother of the next Sultan, who is going to get crowned soon. Mihrişah Sultan is the oldest daughter of the Valide Sultan. At the age of 15 she married the 40-year old(at the time of the Wedding)Kemal Paşa the Govenor of Belgrade, who died 5 years ago. Merve Sultan is the 2nd oldest daughter of the Valide Sultan. She got married at 14 to the 50-year old(at the time of the wedding)Hasan Paşa the Govenor of Sofia(Bulgaria) and Zvornik(Bosnia and Herzegowina). She hates him so much she might kill him. Melike Sultan got married at 13 to the 60-year old(at the time of the Wedding) Mustafa Paşa the Govenor of Cairo(Egypt). He died this year. The first pregnant Lady is Mükrime Sultan. She is the next Sultans main Consort. She is highly respected here at the harem. The other pregnant Lady is Esma Sultan. She is also respected. Now if you ever become a Consort to the Sultan, you must now that although Esma Sultan seems intimidating, but she is not. All that I am saying is that Mükrime Sultan is a tough nut to deal with. So don't befriend yourself with her, unless you want to be thrown in to the deeps of the Bosphorus sea. Do you understand!?

Marija: I understand!

Engin Ağa: Gülten Kalfa! I need to talk to you!

*Gülten Kalfa and Engin Ağa talk about something*

Gülten Kalfa: Marija, go to the Hammam imediately! You will be dancing for the Sultan tonight!

*Meanwhile*

Mehmed: Ganzafer, I can't wait to see my Sisters and my Mother!

Ganzafer: Aren't you happy to see Mükrime and Esma Sultan?

Mehmed: Of course not! I will be happy to see them too!

Guard: My Sultan, it is time for the coronation!

*After the coronation*

Marija: I was put into the most beautiful blue dress I have ever seen. Me and a few other girls were sent in to the Sultans chambers. We all bowed before him and then started dancing*The music is at the top*.

Marija: *I could see him staring at me

Marija: *I could see him staring at me. I thought he would be an old man but instead I saw a young and handsome man. I tried my best to appeal to him. After the music stopped, I bowed to him and he threw the purple hankerchief in my direction. I saw everyone leaving the room except me and the Sultan. He slowly went towards me and stood infront of me. I kissed his robe and he held out his hand out so I could get up. I got up.*

Sultan Mehmed: What is your name, beautiful Hatun?

Marija: My name is Marija, Hünkarim!

Sultan Mehmed: How old are you, Marija?

Marija: I am 15 years old ,Hünkarim!

Sultan Mehmed: Hatun, you may leave!

Marija: Have I offended you, Hünkarim?

Sultan Mehmed: You are too young to be my concubine! I don't want you to bear a child at such a young age!

Marija: Hünkarim, I came here to have halvet with you, not to be rejected by you!

Sultan Mehmed: Hatun! Watch your tongue!

Marija: *I go closer to him and caress his adams apple.* I will never watch my tongue!

Sultan Mehmed: Marija Hatun, are you sure you want to have halvet with me? It would be better if you don't spend the night with me, you are still too young to have halvet with me!

Marija: Hünkarim, I give you my permission to have halvet with me! I am yearning for your touch. *I kiss him softly and he kisses me back. We soon undress each other and become one*

 We soon undress each other and become one*

*The blue dress you were wearing*

Additional Characters that were introduced:

Name: Gülten Kalfa

Name: Engin Ağa

Name: Ganzafer