Chapter 5: Big Reveal

Year: 1515/1516
Place: Podgorica campaign site

Sultan Mehmed: Today is the day I get to prove to the world of what I am capable of. Today is the day I march away with my Army towards a bloody war.

*I was walking towards the throne room and sat on the throne and everyone bowed down to me*

Sultan Mehmed: Soldiers! Vezirs! Today, we shall war against our enemies and if god wills it, we will win! I will try to lead you towards victory! If we loose and die, we will not be the losers, we will be the martyred winners of the war! We will fight an army and only the Army. We shall spare the innocent people. If anyone disobeys my orders, I shall show no mercy. In the name of God we shall fight and show mercy today! I wi-

Guard: My Sultan, a letter from the capital has arrived!

Sultan Mehmed: Please give it to me!

* I read the letter and a smile escapes my face. Marija is expecting a child. She is already 4 months pregnant.*

Sultan Mehmed: Soldiers! Vezirs! I have recieved news from the capital! One of my concubines is with child! We all should try to win this war to see our women and children!

*The ottoman Army marches towards the Palace of Podgorica. It has been 3 months already since they started invading the cities around Podgorica. The ottoman Army barges in to the Palace. They reach the room where Prince Stefan of the Metropolitanate of Montenegro and his wife Princess Katarina of Bosnia are hiding in.*

Prince Stefan: What do you want from us? Leave or get killed by me!

Sultan Mehmed: I wanted a peaceful trade with your principality but your resentment towards us has led to this war. I will give you the chance to surrender or you are dying!

Prince Stefan: I will never surrender to a heretic!

Sultan Mehmed: A heretic? I am not a heretic, you are wronged Prince Stefan! I am a Sultan!

*The Prince and Sultan duel for some time until Prince Stefan dies.*

*The following conversations are in Bosnian*

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: No! Stefan! Please don’t die! I need you! Please don’t let me be alone! Please don’t kill me or my unborn child!

Sultan Mehmed: Princess Katarina, may God forgive Prince Stefan' sins. And I would never kill a woman or child. I may be a  military commander but I am no monster to kill innocent people. Don’t worry, we will take care of you and your child. Inorder to take care of you, we must take you to Topkapi Palace. We do not want to harm you. We will only take you to the Palace if you allow us. So Princess Katarina, will you go to Topkapi Palace with me?

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: If I go with you, do I have to be one of your wife's or convert to your religion?

Sultan Mehmed: I would never force you to join my Harem or convert to Islam. So Katarina, do you want to go to Topkapi Palace?

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: Although I have spent my days here in this Palace alongside my late husband, I will go to Topkapi Palace as I have no use of living here. Before we go, do you regret killing my husband? I will never forgive you for killing my husband, but I am grateful that you are not killing the innocent people of this principality and my child.

Sultan Mehmed: I am not sure if I regret it,but if your late husband was a bit smarter, he wouldn't be dead now. Also, this war could have been prevented if your  husband had agreed on a trading business. You have one day to pack and bury your husband.

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: Thank you for allowing me to bury my husband. I appreciate it. Is there a reason for why your are this kind to people who don’t share the same religion as you do?