Chapter 11: Victory and Loss

Year: 1530
Place: Belgrade Campaign

Ganzafer Paşa's POV: ATTACK!

*The Ottoman Army attacks the Serbian Army. It is a bloody war that has lasted 6 years. Yes, it has been 6 years since you last saw Sultan Mehmed. You feared day and night that you would recieve a letter from Ganzafer Paşa saying that Sultan Mehmed had died. You feared for the life of Sultan Mehmed. If he did die, your son would be the next Sultan. But Murad wasn't old enough to be one. Today was the last day of battle. The outcome of the battle was and obvious one. The Ottomans won, the Serbians lost. The Ottoman Army was gathering the dead bodies of their lost Soldiers. As one of the Soldier was dragging away the body of another one, he noticed the Sultan lying heavily injured.*

Soldier: HÜNKARIM! PLEASE HOLD ON! LET ME BRING YOU TO THE HEALING TENT!

*The Soldier drags the Sultan to the healing tent.*

Ganzafer Paşa's POV: Hünkarim!? Soldier, let me help you bring the Sultan to the Tent.

*Sultan Mehmed fights Day and Night for his life.*

Sultan Mehmed's POV: Ganzafer, please send a letter to Medina after I die. I want her to know.

Ganzafer Paşa's POV: Hünkarim, please do not say that! You are still young!

Sultan Mehmed's POV: "There is no deity but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God".

Ganzafer Paşa's POV: Hünkarim!

*The Sultan then breathes for the last time. Shortly after Sultan Mehmed died, all of the Soldiers accompanied him to his burial place. Now all that was left is to inform the Capital of the Sultan's death. Ganzafer Paşa wrote a letter to you.*

THE LETTER:
" Peace be upon you.
Dear Haseki Medina Sultan, our Hünkarim left this World on the 3rd of September of 1530. The Sultans last wish was this letter to be sent to you. The Army will arrive in a few weeks to congratulate the New Sultan on his succesion.
Yours sincerely,
Ganzafer Paşa"

Year: 3rd of October 1530
Place: Topkapi Palace

Leyla Hatuns POV: Medina! You recieved a letter from Ganzafer Paşa!