Chapter 6: Back Home

Year: 1516
Place: Topkapi Palace

*The Sultan arrives with the Princess*

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: I enter the harem. I noticed girls dancing in the middle of the harem centre. At the other side of the room, I see 1 older Lady, 2 younger Ladies with children, 1 pregnant Lady and 3 other Ladies sitting around a table on the floor with cushions.

 At the other side of the room, I see 1 older Lady, 2 younger Ladies with children, 1 pregnant Lady and 3 other Ladies sitting around a table on the floor with cushions

Valide Melek Sultan: Welcome, Princess Katarina of Bosnia! How are you? Please, have a seat!

Princess Katarina of Bosnia: I am feeling well, Valide Melek Sultan! Thank you for having me here!

Valide Melek Sultan: Let me introduce you to the women that are sitting here. The 1st young Lady is Mihrişah Sultan, she is my first daughter. The 2nd Lady is Merve Sultan, she is my 2nd daughter. The 3rd Lady is Melike Sultan,she is my 3rd daughter. Then we have Esma Sultan, she gave birth to a Şehzade, a Prince named Sinan. Then there is Mükrime Sultan, she gave birth to Hafsa Sultan, a Princess. Last but not least we have Marija Hatun,she is about to give birth.

Sultan Mehmed: Validem, may I retreat to my chambers?

Valide Melek Sultan: Of course you may!

Marija: Valide Sultan, I am quite tired. May I go back to my chambers?

Valide Melek Sultan: Of course you may! Sleep well!

*The Sultan and Marija both hug each other and talk to each other.*

Marija: Hünkarim, I want to become Muslim!

Sultan Mehmed: Really? Alright, here! Put this scarf on your head.

*A while later*
Sultan Mehmed: Your name shall be...Medina!

Medina: What does Medina mean?

Sultan Mehmed: It means holy city or you can interepret it as you are holy...to me! I love you Medina!

Medina: Hünkarim, I love you too!

Sultan Mehmed: Please don’t call me Hünkarim when we are alone! Call me Mehmed instead!

Medina: Alright, Mehme-*You grab your stomach*

Sultan Mehmed: Medina!? Are you okay?

Medina: The baby is coming!

Sultan Mehmed: Ağas, call the physician! Medina Hatun is in labor!

*Engin Ağa suddenly storms in*

Engin Ağa: Hünkarim, the physician is assisting Katarina Hatuns labor. There is no other physician available right now!

Sultan Mehmed: Engin Ağa, bring me towels and sheets and water! And don’t let anyone in! I will deliver the child myself!

Engin Ağa: Have you gone crazy, Hünkarim? You have never delivered a child!

Sultan Mehmed: Engin Ağa, stop scolding me and obey my orders!

Engin Ağa: I am on my way!

Medina: Are you sure that you can do this?

Sultan Mehmed: I will try!

*A while later the Palace the is filled with the sounds of babies crying. Medina Hatun gave birth to a son named Şehzade Demir and a daughter named Hürrem Sultan. Princess Katarina of Bosnia gave birth to a girl called Ema.*

Mükrime Sultan: That snake called Medina gave birth to a son! How am I now going to win back Mehmed's love?

Rukiye Hatun: Sultanim, you should focus on raising a child not on a mere Bosnian slave!

Mükrime Sultan: Hatun! Shut up! Who are you to tell me what to do? Get out!

*1 week later*
Medina Sultan: Melike Sultanim, you look absolutely beautiful! May God bless your marriage to Ganzafer!

Melike Sultan: Thank you Medina Sultan! I appreciate it!