𝘽𝙀𝘼𝙐𝙏𝙔 - Callum x Kochou

People often say that envy is one of the seven deadly sins. Sometimes, you just can't help it. This time, it's more of a sad situation rather than dangerous jealousy. Envy lives within everyone in the entire world, and not even the purest are safe from it.

Whether it's small or huge, envy is everywhere. For Callum, it was no different. He'd been living his entire life as a "gross, colourless, and disgusting" moth. Or, that was what he thought of himself all the time. He always spent his days sulking in self-deprecating thoughts and emotions. Callum hated himself. He hated how he looked, how his wings weren't "pretty" enough.

He was just a sad teenager. However, in the midst of all of this, he envied someone even more. It wasn't a random person, or some famous celebrity overseas. It was his own friend, a butterfly boy named Kochou. He had never seen a being as beautiful as Kochou. Callum envied the man's wings, his hair, his attractive face, and everything about his personality and powers.

Kochou's wings were like a godly sparkling nebula of stardust and glitter, every time they flapped under the light of the club that Kochou sang at during the night. He envied how soft and delicate Kochou's face was, how his eyelashes bat just like his wings whenever he smiled. So many people loved Kochou, and were just using Callum to get to him. Callum sighed, stepping out of his dorm room.

It was one in the morning, the summer fireflies outside still kept their pace. Callum steadily treaded down the hall, keeping one hand against the finely textured yellow wall of their dorm hallway. Callum saw a faint light from behind the courtyard door. It was purple, and Callum already knew who it was. With an exasperated sigh, Callum opened the door to the courtyard. Kochou sat there alone, watching the midnight stars by himself.

The glow of his wings were so glorious, they continued glittering under the night sky. Callum transformed into a moth, and fluttered over. He landed on Kochou's shoulder, and looked at the man from the corner of his eye. The butterfly boy was quick to notice, and he looked over, smiling. Callum transformed back, flying off Kochou. He took a seat beside the man, also looking at the stars.

"Can't sleep?" Callum exhaled. "You're right. It feels like I'm drowning all the time." Kochou softly sighed. "Drowning? Seriously?" Callum raised an eyebrow. "Like, I'm asleep but then the air makes me feel like I'm falling or drowning. Does that make sense?" Kochou said.

Callum thought for a second. "I get it." He stood up. "I'll see you later." Callum was about to leave, just before Kochou grabbed his arm. "Don't go, please." He looked up at the man. Callum was a bit surprised, but decided to stay with Kochou. "Watch the stars with me. They're beautiful." Kochou exclaimed. He pointed at a few constellations, such as the Cassiopeia and the Andromeda constellations.

They were majestic in the night sky. "They're so pretty." Kochou said, leaning near Callum. "You're prettier than the stars." Callum thought to himself, staring at Kochou's face. That thought made Callum feel jealous, just the idea of Kochou's existence made him feel envy. Callum's expression twisted, and he looked away. Kochou noticed, and didn't say much until it was beginning to get awkward.

"Callum, you haven't talked to me at all, what's wrong?" Kochou asked. "What do you mean?" Callum looked at Kochou as if something bad had happened. "You've been quiet." Kochou said. "It's your imagination." Callum played it off. Kochou's face contorted into confusion. "Are you sure?" He asked. Callum was starting to get agitated. "It's nothing."

He nonchalantly replied. Kochou took a moment before he asked again. "Are you sure? I can help you if you want, it's no big deal-" Kochou tried to speak, but Callum snapped. "Look, no I'm not "okay", alright? Could you please stop asking?" He sounded annoyed, and stood up. "Wait! What did I do?" Kochou stood up too, grabbing Callum's hand. He tugged the man back, pulling him towards himself. Callum's face went red with embarrassment and anger.

"Please tell me." Kochou frowned. "Fine. I'm jealous of you, okay?" Callum scoffed, looking down with shame. Kochou's eyebrows furrowed. "You've always been so handsome, so beautiful. I envy your wings, your voice, your face. Everything about you is so perfect, Kochou." He sighed. Kochou looked down, and sighed too. "Is this why you've been avoiding me?" Kochou frowned more.

Callum had no other words to say. "I understand how you feel, Callum, I'm sorry that you feel-" Kochou spoke again, but got cut off. "No, you don't understand. I'm just an ugly moth. You're so dang beautiful, god."  Callum said. Kochou was furious at that statement. He yelled at Callum.

"Shut UP! Are you even listening to yourself? You have the audacity to call yourself ugly and compare yourself to me?" Kochou was pissed off. Not at Callum, but how Callum thought of himself. "Everyone is made a different way, and I know I have pretty privilege, but at the end of the day no one is going to save my life just because I look nice." Kochou frowned once more.

Callum was taken aback by the angry little butterfly boy. He had never seen Kochou get mad. "My point is, you're not ugly. Society is just judgemental. Accept yourself, Callum. Please, for me." The man held Callum's hands, looking into his eyes. "I'm sorry, Kochou. I didn't mean to offend you." Callum looked down at Kochou, pulling the man close.

"It hurts me so much when you say these things. I like your wings too, Callum." Kochou wrapped his arms around Callum, squeezing him in a loving hug. Callum's face turned red whilst he slowly wrapped his arms around Kochou. There was a nostalgic warmth that came from Kochou. He was very cute, in all honesty.

Kochou stayed like that for a while, just hugging Callum. "Come on, it's really late. Let's go inside." Callum sighed. "You're right. But I do hope I changed your mind about things." Kochou smiled a little.

The two then went inside, and back to their rooms. Perhaps Kochou was indeed right about things.