6

the next morning ๑
minho woke up in a cold sweat, immediately nervous to find out if the memories from last night were only a dream.
"y/n?" he yelled while scanning his room.
"shh im here," you smiled sadly at him from the chair across the room.
he sighed in relief as he got out of bed. you chuckled at his bed head to which he smiled too. he used to get so annoyed at you making fun of him in that way. now he'd give anything for you to be able to ruffle it up yourself again.
it was suddenly a bit awkward. its not like either of you could ask "what do you want to do today?" or "how's work going?" you were dead after all, there's not much to start conversation on.
suddenly, minho spoke.
"p-peaches.." he stuttered out nervously.
"hm?" you responded nonchalantly.
"what um.. what happened?" he eventually spat out quietly.
"oh.." you said surprised. you didn't really want to think about the details but you knew the question might come up eventually.
"i was uh.." it was so hard to look at him while talking about this, "after we talked.. that day, i called an uber to pick me up," you gulped.
"i went to the convenience store just off campus to buy a drink," although you couldn't physically feel it, you could tell there were tears rolling down your face.
"i was just about to head to the front when a man walked in-" minho listened intently, trying not to cry again himself.
"he- he pulled out a gun and was robbing the worker. when the worker moved, the guy got scared and shot him," you choked a bit on your words, trying to keep the tears from drowning you.
"i must have made a noise too because he shot at the shelf i was behind," now you couldn't contain the sobs from escaping your lips. minho looked at you through his own tears with the most horrified expression you'd ever seen.
"then, when i woke up, i was in the hospital. it was so breif but i wished my last moment with you would've lasted forever. but-" minho suddenly cut you off.
"-it didn't," he let out a sob once more.
"i woke up again a bit after that.. i was back at the convenience store. i was so confused but- all i could think about was you. i focused so hard on you and then all of a sudden i was back at the hospital. but this time i was watching you from behind. you were holding my.. my body." minho sighed sadly and wiped his tears.
"after that i was too afraid to see you. i stayed in my room. i watched the campus staff move my stuff out and my roomate cry in my room. eventually i got sick of being there. i wanted to see you."
you put your head in your hands and curled up on his desk chair. minho got up off his bed once again and crouched near your curled up figure.
"it'll be okay y/n.."
you whispered just quiet enough for only yourself to hear," no it won't.."

a/n: AHHH IM SORRY I ABANDONED THIS STORY DJDKWK i really like the storyline i have set out though so i want to continue it. even if nobody reads it 😭 lmao okay bye now im crying over my own writing.