~Do You Know?~

Hi guys!!! So this a parallel I had high hopes for from the show... but I didn't get that... so decided to write it myself!
Hope y'all like it❤
Was going to post it tomorrow (MaAn day) but thought of posting it today to help with MaAn withdrawal on boring Sundays!!
_____________________________________
(Kinjal's baby shower day -)

It was Kinjal's godhbharai today, and MaAn, GK, Anu's mom, Mukku, Bagheera and Chocolate were all invited to go to the shah house for the function

(In MaAn's room -)
Anu is standing in front of her wardrobe, looking through various sarees, and struggling to find the perfect one for the occasion...
She had never taken time to dress up for herself, she didn't think it was worth so much time, she would the same always, she thought, but since Anuj had come into her life, he always made her feel beautiful, and now she wanted to look her best always, for him and for herself. She had to look the best, she was Mrs. Anupama Anuj Kapadia after all...

Anuj entered the room... all ready, looking super dashing in a multicolor striped kurta... they both had decided to get ready in different rooms, so that they could reach on time, and not get distracted...

Anuj:" Anu main ready bhi hogaya tum ab tak bas cupboard kholke khadi ho"
Anu:" Anuj mujhe nahi samajh aa raha main kya pehenu... aap hi dekhiye ne"

Anuj walks up to her and wraps his arms around her waist from behind, and rests his chin on her shoulder, his cheek touching hers...
His eyes surveyed the cupboard...

Anuj:" Mm hmm.. tum kuch mat peheno.."
Anu pushed him away and glared at him..
Anuj:" Arre woh mera matlab tha isme se kuch mat peheno"
Anu:" Toh kya aapka ye kurta pehenu?"
Anuj:" Not a bad idea Anu, waise bhi aajkal tumhe apne kapdo se zyada mere kapde hi pasand hai..." and he gestured towards his hoodie that she was wearing at the moment...
Anu:" Anuj aap bhi ne.." and hit his shoulder
Anuj:" Nahi sacchi...I think mera ye kurta bhi mujhse better tumpe lagega..."
Anu:" Anuuujjj...der ho rahi hai... bataiye ne.. baaki sab chale gaye hain taiyyar hoke.. sirf hum dono bache hain"
Anuj:" Hmmm...ghar me sirf hum dono hai..."
He smirked... and kissed her neck...
Anu stopped him...she knew she would end up losing control very soon..
Anu:" Anuj ab bas na...aur mazaak nahi...aap bataiye ne main kya pehenu.."
Anuj :" Ek sec ruko.."

He walks out of the room and returns with a transparent packet with a parrot green saree..

Anu:" Mere liye?"
He walks closer to her, smiling
Anu:" Mere liye?"
Anuj:" Nahi, ye toh aaj kal GK pehente hain...ofcourse tumhaare liye hai Anu..kaisi baatein kar rahi ho..
Anu:" Toh phir laiye, dijiye"
She forwards her hand to take the packet..but Anuj holds it farther...she reaches out again, and he raises his hand.. holding the packet out of her reach.... she tries to grab it...he moves away..she attempts to take it...and he lowers it..stepping away..
She is about to grab it...when he turns around.. and holds the packet to his chest..hugging it..
Anu is mad now..and turns away... folding her hands across her chest..
Anuj turns to look at her..sees her pout and offers the saree to her.. but she refuses and walks away..he stands in front of her...holds his ear and makes a puppy face, apologizing...but she turned her face away in a huff..
Anuj contemplated a bit...and then had an idea...
He opened the packet and removed the saree...and covered her head with it... she looked at him and smiled...while he closed his eyes.. smiling...
She pushed him out of the room...and shut the door... asking him to wait till she gets ready..
He stands by the sofa... his eyes closed...lost in her smile...
He heard the click of the door... and opened his eyes...
His Anu stood there... flaunting the saree.. eager for his reaction...
As he walked closer to her...she twirled around...and raised her eyebrows, asking him whether he liked it...
His eyes glued to her smiling face...gestured a 'nice' with his fingers.. and she laughed... as the business tycoon Anuj Kapadia looked at her like a lovestruck puppy...
He placed his hand on his heart and sighed... as she blushed...
He kept looking at her, his hand still on his heart...
When she looked up at him.. and pointed at him..pointed at the side of the forehead and gestured her hand like throwing something... telling him that he was really crazy!!

Anu notices that his eyes are a little teary...
She wipes his tears, cups his face and looks at him, a worried questioning look in her eyes..

Anu:" Kya hua Anuj?"
Anuj hugs her and whispers in her ear
Anuj:" Thank you jaan, meri life me aakar mere saare sapne pure karne ke liye"
And he kissed her cheek, withdrawing and looking at her lovingly..
Anu was still confused

Anuj:" Anu tumhe Dusshera waala din yaad hai? Devika ne tumhe aise hi similar colour ka lehenga diya tha..."
Anu:" Haan...woh...aapne??"
Anuj nodded..
Anuj:" Maine woh lehenga dekha toh usme tumhaare saare favourite colours the... mujhe pata tha main tumhe nahi de paunga...par phir bhi maine khareed liya tha.. aur main jab isse dekh raha tha...toh maine daydream kiya tha... yahi sab jo aaj hua.. mera tumhe chidhana...tumhaara gussa hona...main tumhe manau.. phir tum ye peheno...sab waise hi hua tha...aur kamaal ki baat toh ye hai..ki uss wakt maine aisa similar kurta bhi pehena tha... matlab aise hi stripes waala but light colours me.."
Anu:" Toh aapne Devika se kaha mujhe dene ke liye?"
Anuj:" Nahi maine nahi kaha... usne ye mere haath me dekh liya toh mujhe usse sab batana pada...toh usne kaha woh apni taraf se tumhe de degi"
Anu:" Tabhi woh lehenga dekh ke maine Devika se kaha bhi tha...ki ye saare mere manpasand rang hai jo maine kaafi saalo se nahi pehene..aur usne kaha tha ki jo sacche dil se pyaar usse sab yaad rehta hai...aur main gadhedi tab samajh nahi paayi..."
Anuj:" Tumhaari kya galti hai jaan...meri hi himmat nahi hui tumhe dene ki...par aaj...maine haq se tumhe ye saree di...meri biwi Anu ko... abhi time nahi hai toh pehna nahi paya...par raatko utarne me zaroor help karunga..."
He winked at her.. she blushed a little and whispered a "hmm"... but he felt she had something else on her mind..
Anuj:" Kya hua Anu...batao kya soch rahi ho"
Anu:"Aap ne humesha mere liye itna kuch karte rahe...aur aapne kabhi nahi bataya mujhe Anuj...aaj bhi kitni saari aise baatein hain jo mujhe nahi pata hongi..."
She hugged him and snuggled into his chest, kissing his heart, thanking him for the lehenga, the saree and most importantly, for all the love he had showered on her..

Anuj:" Anu... I have an idea... aisi kitni saari baatein hai jo mere baare tumhe nahi pata hongi, aur tumhaare baare me mujhe... toh ab se hum roz ek ritual rakhenge... 'DO YOU KNOW' ... usme hum roz ek dusre ko aisi ek baat batayenge jo hum ek dusre ke baare me nahi jaante... done?"
Anu:" Haan...ye toh bohot accha idea hai.. aapne toh aaj bata di ye lehenge waali baat... main batati hu ab... Hum jab janmashtami waale din mile the ne.. tab main bohot acche se taiyyar hui thi... tab mujhe laga tha...main Kanhaji ke liye saj rahi hu.. par jab aapse pyaar hua na...tab ye ehsaas hua ki main toh apne Kanhaji, matlab aapke liye saj rahi thi...par bas tab mujhe ye baat pata nahi thi"

She looked at him with a lot of love and devotion in her eyes... and he was a bit emotional too, at how much dearly she loved him...
He kissed her forehead... and hugged her..

They both were standing peacefully in their embrace... their arms wrapped around each other's body, her head on his chest, and his chin rested on her head..

When her phone rang...
It was Mukku...they had already reached...and were waiting for them to arrive...
Mukku:" Jaldi aajao dono lovebirds.. ab apne romance ko thoda break lagao...raat ko continue karlena... "
Anu blushed and cut the call... and went to the door... she was about to wear her sandals... when Anuj stopped her and bent down...helping her wear the sandals...
Their signature Cindrella moment, as they started a new journey, of getting to know each other better...
____________________________________
That's all for this one!!
Do drop your honest feedback in the votes and comments..!!
Forgive the typos/mistakes!

Thanks for reading❤

P.S. The cover is by me...very simple Ik but a last minute edit...will do better next time!