I Can Hear The Bells

Sorry I forgot to update ahahajs so I'll post the rest of the chapters now <3

After school was becoming Ayato's favorite time of day.

When his club took a short break, he would go all the way to the bottom floor, hoping to see the blond boy who plagued his mind like a virus.

Thoma was usually wrapped up in his art when Ayato arrived. He would get this little look on his face. His eyebrows would furrow, his tongue running against his top tip, a scrunch of his nose... and then he'd smile, an 'aha!' moment as his hands worked furiously, scooting closer to get a better angle.

And then... it was like he simply knew. He would glance up, see Ayato through the window, and drop everything as quickly as he could, hurriedly untying his apron and throwing it over his chair, pushing through the classroom door.

It was always brief. They could only get a few words out before Ayato had to go back.

But Ayato couldn't help but love it, love that moment, crave that small interaction.

Today Thoma looked up as soon as Ayato stopped in front of the window, as if he was anticipating him. Quickly, he tugged off his apron and pushed through the door, running up and stopping just in front of Ayato.

"Hey, Kamisato!" he said. He had paint on his face. Ayato grinned.

They'd been spending so much time together. Ayato had lived his whole life keeping everyone at arm's-length. He constantly put on his best appearances, pretending to be the person they wanted him to be. But Thoma was different. The first time Thoma had seen him, Ayato had shown a side of himself he would never want to. And yet, Thoma had still wanted to be close to him.

He'd allowed himself to indulge in Thoma... to spend every ticking second waiting for the moment he'd get to see those big green eyes again. How had Thoma managed to get inside of his head like this?

Ayato could no longer deny it... he liked this guy. In the way he'd always struggled to like anyone else.

And he wouldn't let that feeling slip away.

He decided to use today's moment wisely. He handed Thoma his phone.

Thoma took it from him, a question mark over his head.

Without hesitation, Ayato said, "Let's exchange numbers."

"Okay!" Thoma beamed, entering his number in Ayato's phone. He handed it back to him. "All done!"

Ayato glanced down at it. Thoma had made himself a contact profile, the name 'Thoma' with a heart symbol beside it.