Chapter 11: A Night Of Fun And Revelation

A big jacket, hat pulled down over his ears, heavy gloves and we headed for the festival. Toronto had a very diverse population and different festivals showed off the cultures. That night it was all about the aboriginal cultures of Northern Canada. There were all kinds of people around. To stay together, Jared held my hand tight as we walked around. The Inuit art was so colourful and intricate. It filled part of the area. A stage was set up at another part and musicians began to perform. Drums and chanting echoed through the air. Whether he was into the music, or felt like being playful, Jared started jumping around, swinging his arms. It made me smile and laugh at the display. When he finished, he stepped over, grabbed me around the waist and swung me around. His laugh was deep and free. I screamed fro. The enjoyment of it. Jared's bright smile made me relaxed and happy that I trusted him with what happened. After a couple hours, we walked away from the festival, through the bright streets.
"That was fun. Loved the freedom of the dancing." He held me close to his side.
"I noticed. And quite a dancer you are." I joked.
He kissed my forehead quickly. "Are you cold? Hungry?"
"Not cold. But I'm sure that you're probably ready to eat again."
"I should. Any good places around here?"
"Are you kidding? Pick a country. There's a restaurant for you."
We decided on Indian and had a wonderful meal of rice, curry and spicy vegetables. The flavour said were amazing. As the time got close to ten, I knew that I'd have to get some sleep for work the next day.
"Jared. I have to get home. The regular people have a 9 to five. Or in my case, whenever I get home." I told him as we walked along the waterfront.
"Stay with me tonight?" He asked with quiet pleading,
"Jared. First thing, I don't have a change of clothes."
"Use one of my shirts. Please. I need to be next to you."
"Are you used to getting your way?"
"When I really want something." He swung me around, pulling me into his arms and looking into my eyes.
I felt warm inside. "I can't promise you sex."
"I'm nit expecting it. I might try to kiss you though. Come on. You know that you want to."
It was so cute. He scrunched his nose and winked. I moved my fingers over his lower lip. "I wish I'd met you sooner."
"It's only a month. I want to see you when I come back."
"That makes me happy."
"Good." He gave me a soft kiss before we went to find a taxi.
Back at the hotel, Jared took time to answer some messages and emails from some friends and business partners, giving me more time to have a shower before going to bed. It was early for him but we lay under the heavy blankets, Jared's arms holding me close to his body. His bare chest on my back was like an electric blanket, so warm.
"Lisa?" He whispered in the darkness.
"Hmm." I sighed.
"Would it be alright if I came to your office tomorrow?"
"Don't you have to get ready to fly out?"
"I can do that in the morning. I'd really like to see how you run things."
I turned to look into his eyes. They shone in the little bit of light coming in the window. "Alright. It would be my pleasure to show you."
"And I feel that I owe some people an apology at how I burst into the office."
"I know that Pam would like that. She's obsessed with Dallas Buyers Club."
"Interesting. I may have to play some Rayon on her." He laughed a bit.
"Then I'll get no work out of her."
Jared stared at me, his eyes moving over my face and neck. I knew that he was thinking of having sex again. I also knew that it was on my mind as well. I moved my hand to his cheek. The short stubble was forming, making him look incredibly sexy.
"I'll never hurt you." He vowed.
"Just hold me so I don't run away again." I responded.
He nodded and lowered his head so he could cover my lips. The feel was eclectic. No other man had ever made me feel that way. One hand on my hip, Jared turned so he lay over me. Instinctively, I opened my thighs to feel him settle between them. It was so perfect. His lips pulsed as I moved my hands behind his neck and my fingertips grazed his short hair. Taking a deep breath, Jared pulled back to look down at me.
"Tell me to stop."
"I don't want you to. Not ever. Since I met you, I've been feeling something new. Like I can let my life go. I may still get scared but it's not so bad as it was." I realized how my life had changed.
He kissed me softly, "I like this 'you'. This is the 'you' I want to spend time with. I could easily fall for you."
I looked at how his blue eyes sparkled. The words made the moment even better. "It would make me so happy if I fell for you. You'd be my first love."
"You've never been in love? With anyone?"
"Just my friends. I've never let myself get that close."
To my surprise, he moved so he lay behind me and pulled me back against his chest, wrapping his arms around my waist. Getting close to my ear, I felt his breath.
"I would be honored if I was." He whispered, resting his cheek next to mine.
My body relaxed as if every moment of nervousness and stress left me at once. In his arms, I was safe. I was a new person. I fell into the best sleep I'd ever had in my life.