90. Questions of War

The sun slowly began to rise, peaking through the window of Allura's room to gently warm Axis. He grumbled, and groaned in his sleep, dreaming of Allura's touch, of her lips trailing down his neck and chest until she'd graze her teeth against the skin of his hip, and he gasped awake. The feeling was more than a dream as it continued, and his face turned crimson with his sight finally coming into focus.

"A-Allura?!" he chirped, looking down at her innocent smile, but her eyes spoke nothing of innocence. "Y-your awake?!" he blurted. "What are you doing?" he pressed, struggling to compose himself, and a soft laugh escaped her lips.

"Waking you up," she teased, and he frowned with a mix of conflicting emotions.

"You're recovering," he forced himself to say while carefully moving her until she laid on top of him.

"How long has it been?" Allura pressed timidly, and he gently brushed the hair from her face.

"Two days this time," he answered, slipping his arms around her back as she sunk into him. "We're at the clinic."

"I'm sorry," she mumbled against his chest.

"It- it's fine..." Axis sighed, gently rubbing her back. "I'll always be here when you wake up."

"I love you, Axis."

"I love you too, Allura," he sweetly returned the sentiment before a sly smile crept on to her lips.

"Fuck recovery," she cooed. "I wanna make up for the past two days," she added while kissing his neck.

"Curo will kill me," Axis grumbled with his hands sliding on to her hips. "Plus I want you to- FUCK! Allura!" he growled with a gasp as she grinded against him.

"Please?"

"Fuck it, I tried. At least I'll die with a smile."

~

Sweat glistened over Allura's body as she laid forward on Axis with a happy sigh, and he gently stroked her hair with a smile threatening to break his face.

"You okay, babe?" he questioned with his concern slowly seeping back in, and she happily hummed against his chest.

"I'm more than okay when I'm with you," she giggled, and his eyes widened slightly for a moment.

"By the gods you're just- well... perfect," he breathed as his hand slid on to her back, tracing her spine. "Do you realize it's only been a month?"

"It could be days or years, and I'd love you the same," she hummed with a sly smile creeping back on to her lips, "if not more."

"You're more than welcome to love me the way you just did any time," he snickered, and she sighed against his chest.

"You're terrible," she teased.

"Says the one that jumped me," Axis fired back, and Allura stuck her tongue out at him, earning a chuckle. "As tempting as that is, babe, you need to rest," he added as his tone grew stern, and excitement flickered in her eyes before he placed a hand over them. "Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?" Allura pressed with a coy smile, pulling his hand down, and shifting her hips against him, earning a small groan.

"Allura," he sighed while biting his lip, and he gently rolled them over before kissing her sweetly. "You had your fun. Now behave," he ordered, and she sighed in defeat.

"Fine," she whined as he pulled himself from her, and laid beside her. "I guess I should let them know I'm up," she relented, and Axis gently pulled her against his side.