100. Back to Normal... Kinda

Ikko helped to instill a new calmness in Allura through soothing words and tea, and two days would pass before Curo begrudgingly approved her for travel. He did not hesitate to advise her against it, or remind her of the danger her power could bring to her unborn child. He did not let her forget that it was a miracle that she had not already lost the pregnancy, considering her last battle, and conflicting, chaotic emotions swirled within her absent heart. She may have struggled to come to terms and accept it, but she held an undeniable want to keep and protect it, and she continued to guard her secret. They prepared to leave the shop with no one beyond the doctor and Ikko knowing anything of her child to be.

The group readied themselves while Curo pulled Allura aside for a final private conversation, but his words seemed to fall upon deaf ears.

"Were you listening to me?" he grumbled with a glare.

"Of course," she sighed as she fidgeted with her coat.

"If you don't settle down in the next month or so, I am going to-"

"Lock me up," Allura hissed, and he sighed into his coffee. "I heard you the first hundred times."

"Look, just find a base location, and then you can continue to play commander if you must," he huffed back, and she rolled her eyes. "Gods, it's like you're a damned teenager again."

"Whatever," Allura grumbled back, earning yet another sigh.

"Did you tell him yet?" Curo pressed, and Allura instantly went rigid before shaking her head. "Do it soon."

"I-I will," she stuttered nervously, and Curo gave her head a gentle pat.

"Go on... The others are waiting for you," he relented, "and I need to get back to the clinic."

Despite their irritation towards one another, neither were ready to part, but Allura nodded, giving him a quick hug before she made her way down the stairs.

"Allura, dear," Ikko called out, earning her attention before she could leave. "This is for you," he hummed while handing her a small wooden box. "It's the same tea that I first served you," he revealed, and her eyes lit up.

"Thank you, Ikko."

"Good luck, Allura."

"You too," she smiled, and he raised an eyebrow for a moment before letting out a soft laugh.

"Until next time," he chuckled, and with that she took her leave.

"Allura!" Axis was the first to greet her, tightly embracing her as soon as she left the shop.

"What was that for?" she blushed a bit, hugging her phoenix back.

"I'm just happy things are back to normal," he sang while taking her hand in his, and leading her to the others. "Well normal enough... I'm sure something will fuck it up soon, but fuck it! Imma be happy with you now!" he chimed in a singsong voice, and she giggled, causing his eyes to widen. "Now that's something I haven't heard in awhile!"

"Shush," Allura bashfully mumbled as they joined the others.

"Ready to go?" Selena greeted them with a welcoming smile.

"Yeah, let's go," Allura hummed, and Flora looped her arm through her's.

"Onwards!"

"Not gonna mount your steed before saying that?" Axis taunted the pink-haired woman.

"I have self control, unlike some people," Flora fired back with an all-too-innocent smile.

"Whatever," he smirked. "Sure you do."

"She does when she wants too," Valentina chimed in, and Flora blushed.

"Val! You're supposed to be on my side!"