Midsummers

*The Night of Midsummers*

Kiaras POV

Kiaras POV

I looked in the mirror critiquing my every feature.

"Should I wear this necklace or a different one? Are you sure this is the right dress?" I asked my mom

"Honey you look beautiful! Stop overthinking it" she sweetly

"I just want everything to be perfect" I said as my dad walked in the room.

"Did I hear this right? Not only are you not fighting us on going .. but your asking your mom opinions on jewelry and clothes?" He joked

"Like i said everything needs to be perfect"

"What has gotten into her?" My dad whispered to my mom

"She's bringing a date.. she must really like him" she said to him.

"Well im happy to be meeting another friend of yours" My dad said

"Dad I told you guys he's not my friend he's my .. boyfriend" Wow that felt weird to say. "And can you guys please just talk to him.. before you start judging him"

"Well he's seems to make you really happy so I already like him" My dad said. Okay we're off to a good start. Until they see it's JJ.

We made it to midsummers and still haven't heard from JJ. I was starting to get nervous.

"Honey you okay? You don't look so good"

"I'm fine mom just a little light headed" I said to her

"Why don't you go get some appetizers and sit down okay?"

"Okay okay" i said not fighter her. Mostly because I realized that I was so focused on getting ready I forgot to eat today. I made my way over to the appetizer only to realize right then who was serving them.

"Oh hey" I said to Pope "Are you seriously going to ignore me?" I added

"Oh hey kie" I heard and saw John B walk up beside Pope.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Oh well Heyward and Pope need help with the food.. he was going to ask JJ but he said he was busy tonight we'll in his words he's "booked" tonight" He laugh

"Oh that's nice.."

"Yeah and Sarah should be around here somewhere.. they felt bad about everything that happened with her family because ya know her dad "died" in the explosion.. so they let her come"

"Oh that's good.. but I doubt she'll even talk to me.."

"Oh I'm sure she will.. she not mad she's just a little hurt"

"Yeah i understand"

"Are you two done yet" Pope said and i rolled my eyes

"Pope can you please take the stick out of your ass" I said and they were both shocked

"You need to get over it, grow up and stop throwing pity party's .. I felt bad at first but now you're just being selfish trying to make everyone feel bad about they're decisions.." And with that I walked away. I just couldn't take it anymore. Maybe this was all a stupid idea maybe I should just go home.

"Hey there pretty lady can you show me where the drinks are?" I heard from a familiar voice instantly making me smile. I turned around and there he was in front of me.

"JJ you came"

"That's what she said"

"Seriously?"

"You're right wrong time"

"I was starting to think you weren't going to show" I said truthfully

"I wouldn't miss it for the world.. they were just really confused when my name was actually on the list and I wasn't sneaking in" he said making me laugh

"Well I'm glad you're here"

"Yeah me too" he said leaning in. We were about to kiss when I heard my moms voice

"Oh kiara is this you're date?" I looked up and she was walking up behind JJ. I could see the disappointment on her face when he turned around.

"Nice to see you Mr. and Mrs. Carrera" he said to them

"Oh hi JJ.. Kiara when is your date going to be here we're so excited to meet him" She said and I could tell she hurts JJs feelings.

"Mom.. Dad.. he is my date.. me and JJ are together.."

"Kiara can i have a moment alone with you-"

"No mom I know what you're going to say .. and I don't care .. I don't care who is dad is or what's he done.. you don't know JJ like I do and if you just took two seconds to stop judging him I promise you you would see how good of a person he really is-"

"Kiara you don-"

"I know exactly what I'm talking about.. Nothing you say will my mind .. I love him and if you can't except that I don't know what to tell you" i said taking JJs hand and pulling him towards the dance floor.

"Damn that was hot"

"Oh shut up" I said rolling my eyes. Just as we got to the dance floor the music changed to a slow song.

"Oh um you wanna go sit down?" I asked

"No this is good" he said holding my waist and pulling me close. I could tell people were staring but I didn't care.

(They're slow dancing to crazier-by taylor swift)

"But really thank you for sticking up for me.. for us .." he said

"Of course JJ your my .. boyfriend now we gotta stick together" we both laughed at my struggle to say boyfriend.

"It's still so weird to say"

"It's weird to hear" he joked "Did you really mean what you said? "

"Of course JJ nothing they say-"

"No did you mean it when you said you loved me?" He asked and I blushed.

"Oh uh yeah I did I mean I do.. I do love you" i said nervously

"Good.. because I love you"