Twenty-Eight: In Which Two Practice 2

It took about an hour for Scorpius to be ready for another kiss, and Albus was surprised when he said, "Alright, who starts it off?"

Albus, unsure about how to answer, replied, "I'm not entirely sure, but I feel like whoever wants to?"

"Yes, yes, that makes sense." Scorpius took a deep breath, asking, "So can we try again?"

Eagerly, Albus nodded, meeting Scorpius in the middle for another kiss. Albus felt his hand touch his knee, sending sparks flying up his thigh and down his calf. He leaned heavily into the kiss, and he felt a sigh escape Scorpius' nose. It was an odd feeling, but it wasn't bad.

Albus felt the steady breathing from his nose, and he gently grabbed Scorpius' arm, close to his shoulder. He jerked when his hand touched the bare skin of his pale arm and Albus pulled away.

"No, sorry---" he stammered, cheeks flushed red, straightening his glasses and running his fingers through his hair. "Sorry, Albus, I just wasn't expecting that." When Albus began to apologize, he added, "I liked it! It was just a shock, promise!"

"Okay, you stop me if you don't like something, okay?"

The blonde nodded quickly, hair bobbing. Albus' hand returned to his arm, and he leaned in again. Their mouths sent sparks down each other's backs, especially when Albus' lips began to move just a bit.

At first, it felt like he was breathing in too much of Scorpius' air, then he wasn't getting enough to properly breathe, until he found a perfect balance of mouth and nose breathing. Scorpius picked this up much quicker, but Albus could tell how fast his breathing was. He wanted to pull away, to ask if he was okay and if they should stop, but now Scorpius' hand was snaking up his arm until it was placed firmly on the back of his neck.

He leaned against Albus, lips softer than Albus had felt before. Scorpius became braver, lips parting Albus' in a sort of challenge, tongue slipping through, but only for a second before he pulled away, breathing heavily and taking his glasses off, rubbing his face. "Wow."

"Wow?" Albus chuckled. His heart was beating so fast. "I agree."

"Sorry, I didn't---"

"No, I really liked that." Albus held his arm loosely, grinning like an idiot. "Honestly, Scorp, I'm serious."

The blonde was bright pink, lips twitching into a smile. He didn't think that he would ever hear these words, especially coming out of Albus' mouth. Perhaps it was because they had been friends for so long, but Scorpius didn't feel as much awkwardness as he expected.

Scorpius didn't realize how bad he had wanted all of this, the kissing, the holding hands, the playful flirting Albus' was so charming at. Scorpius took off his glasses, wiping them clean as Albus asked, "So your mum knew, then? About you being gay?"

"Yes," he replied. "She was on her deathbed, almost, and she let me hug her when I told her. And I only told my dad when I was first at St. Mungo's." He pushed away the warm feeling growing in his chest, one that seared at his heart. "He said he was proud of me for telling him."

Albus looked away. "My dad said that to James."

"Do you want to tell them soon? About. . .you?"

Albus shrugged. "I dunno what I am. I'm just. . .Albus. I like you, a boy, and I liked Delphi before she. . .y'know. I thought girls in our year were cute before but. . ." He trailed off again, biting his lip, finger tapping at the marks on his neck. "But I dunno what I am, what I'm supposed to be."

"You don't have to have it all figured out, you know," the blonde said softly. "You can be unsure, and if you decide on one label to describe you, you can always change it if you feel it doesn't quite fit. You're Albus Potter, first and foremost."