𝘾𝙝𝙥 3: 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢

The halls bustled busily as guards from every corner streamed out through the narrow walls. Waves of pinks rolled through the crowd with the exception of Spades and Bear of course. Making their way through the cramped bodies of others, they eventually came to a small corridor just leading towards the staff bathroom.

As the number of people they came across slowly decreased, it became easier for them to make their way there. The duo quickly strode through the bathroom door before closing it shut as soon as they entered. Releasing a heavy sigh, Spades's small partner walked towards the large bathroom mirror to get a good look at himself as he neared one of the sinks.

Shifting his body from side to side along with his head tilting in slight despair, he examined the splatters of blood staining the fabric of his jumpsuit as he scoffed in disbelief. 

"Ugh, I didn't know there was THIS MUCH blood on my clothes. Usually, it's just tiny blobs of red here and there but now-just look at this!" cried Bear in an upset tone.

"It's ruining the beautiful, green fabric of my jumpsuit! Oh dear. It's gonna take a while to get these off but oh well, there's nothing I can do about it. Stay positive!"

-🔲 △ ◯ -

Flicking the tap of the basin as a steady stream of water flowed out, he cupped some water in one hand and quickly splashed it over the stains using the mirror as his guide. Continuing to do so as his fingers rubbed at his clothes, with Superior Spades watching him as he stood close by. The room echoed with only the sound of gushing water splashing against the sink and the occasional squeaks of Bear's boots on the shiny floor tiles.

Since no one was not saying a word, forming an unknown silence between the two, Spades leaned back slightly against the wall and shifted his head around. Changing his position while waiting patiently for Junior Bear. Turning his face around, he found himself staring at his partner directly while he continued to face the mirror, letting his gaze stay there as his eyes wandered mindlessly through his mask. Though he knew that Junior Bear Cub had a small body, he had a somewhat feminine figure with his small waist and graceful long, legs with each closer look. Not to mention that high-pitched voice of his which only supported Bear's unusual feminity more.

As his eyes slowly moved upwards, he also noticed that his head was just below his shoulder, making him look much shorter than he already was from afar as Spades easily towered over him. Spades was definitely much taller in height compared to the other guards as they had to lift their faces slightly upwards whenever they looked or talked to him. His little partner on the other hand had to look all the way up to meet his gaze, arching his neck all the time when that happened. 

'He seems... much more fragile and slender now that I've properly observed him. But I do know quite well that he is much stronger than he looks, making him a total wildcard. Perhaps that is why Sir Frontman chose him.' He thought silently to himself.

Turning his head away as he straightened up, the water from the tap stopped running as Junior Bear switched it off showing his suit happily to his superior.

"I'm done now! look, all the blood has been washed off clean!" chirped Bear happily. He stepped closer to Spades for him to admire his effort of cleaning himself up as the purple guard gave a small nod in response. Junior Bear then looked back towards the mirror, noticing a scarlet smudge on his mask as his fingers drifted to it and lightly touched the mask.

"Ah! wait! I  just need to get this off before we leave," told Bear to Spades, flicking the tap of the sink again. As he leaned in too much against the edge of the basin making his body press forward, his foot suddenly gave way and he slipped. The perpetrator, a puddle of water directly underneath him was formed by escaped splashes of water from the tap when Junior Bear had turned it on previously, was responsible for the slip.

Exclaiming in shock, his body stumbled backward while he tried to regain his balance, his arms flailing around helplessly. But the floor had become too slippery from the water as his feet slid frantically under one another, dragging Junior Bear Cub down and inevitably making him come crashing backward as he fell. He let out a cry in the air as he slipped on his boots and came towards the floor.

-🔲 △ ◯ -

Just before he could hit the ground, Superior Spades came rushing forwards. He immediately reacted when he saw the scene of the green guard slipping around the floor. Before he could come to the ground any closer, Superior Spades managed to capture the boy just in time in his arms. His hands quickly reached out from behind his head and back once he fell. Slipping one of his arms below his legs and his other hand at the back of Bear's neck as he caught him. With an instant pull, he brought his partner's light body towards himself to stop him from falling any further, caressing him tightly.

"Are you alright?" asked Spades towards Bear as he lay there in his arms too stunned to speak. His body became frozen for a moment until Spades asked him softly once more.

"Junior Bear Cub, are you alright?"

Suddenly, he shifted around uneasily and gave Spades a small nod in approval, and squeaked out in a small voice, "Y-yeah I'm okay." His green hood was pulled down and Junior Bear was now looking around the bathroom from side to side, acting as if he was frantically looking for something.

Aware of this, Spades unknowingly pulled himself closer to Bear until their faces were just inches away. So close that Junior Bear can feel the steady, warm breathing of the purple guard on his face. Spades only intended to help him since he was under his guard the whole time. He needed to make sure he wasn't hurt and assumed he must still be shocked by what happened.

"Junior Bear Cub, are you hurt anywhere?"

"Me? o-oh! no, no, no. I'm perfectly fine. Besides, I need to look for someth-" Junior Bear mumbled out before he was cut off by Superior Spades.

"What are you looking for?" he asked. "But first I need to make sure you did not injure yourself so that both of us would not be faced with trouble with the Frontman."

He then started to turn Bear around in his arms to examine any cuts or bruises before he was stopped abruptly by Junior Bear.

"W-wait, wait! I don't ha-" he squealed, squirming around. But before Spades could stop, they were already looking at each other face-to-face, locking their gazes with one another. The pair stared oddly at each other as silence once again filled the bathroom. Superior Spades drew in a quiet breath, preparing himself for the unexpected as he faced Junior Bear.

Under that green hood of his within Spades's sight, soft tufts of messy, blonde hair poked out from under the hood with two sweeps of hair coming from the sides of his head cupping his face closely. He had a small, round face and fair skin, almost child-like as Spades studied him. But what drew the guard the most about him besides everything else were those big, sweet, innocent pale green eyes of his as Spades found himself staring deeply at them unable to look away.

A flicker of fear flashed through the boy's eyes as he fluttered his eyes away, showing long, thick lashes. There was nothing to hide now with Junior Bear's entire face being revealed to him. His mask must've flown off somewhere when he slipped. 

He bit his lip hard, hoping that he wouldn't be in trouble for this since the number one golden rule of the place was to never, EVER take your mask off and reveal your face to others. It'll only bring danger to you and everyone else. But Superior Spades on the other hand only found himself staring harder into his eyes. All rules and thoughts cleared from his mind.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

.|Chp 4 End |.