𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 5: 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙣, 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙚𝙮𝙚𝙨

Starting to feel uneasy, the blonde boy yanked himself hard away from his arms. Lowering his head, he stared at the floor sulking, rubbing the shoulder of one arm slowly not daring to meet his partner's eyes. Spades stood there silently for a moment with his arms still laid out in front of him, slightly lowered. 

Realising that Bear was no longer cradled in his arms, he abruptly pulled them down to his sides and raised his head to look straight towards his partner. His lips parted to quickly spit out an apology behind the mask before Junior Bear cut him off in an unsure, shaky tone. "Please, don't say anything about this to anyone." He whispered softly to Spades. With his head still lowered, he walked to the edge of the sink cautiously and bent down underneath the basin to reach out for something black in the far corner.

Grabbing the black object with his hand and smoothing it out as it laid in his palms, Spades figured it was his fallen mask that had caused his face to be exposed. The one thing that had gotten Junior Bear so flustered as he panicked and looked around the room desperately to find it. He was worried that if Spades had seen his uncovered face, he would immediately report him to the Frontman for breaking a golden rule since he was his closest acquaintance.

But that didn't seem to matter anymore as Spades was too busy thinking about him, his mind forgetting everything about his duty of reporting everything to the boss. He had forgotten in this frozen moment of time to report any breaching of rules at the Squid Institution. Making his way slowly to Bear in small steps to check on one more thing, the small green guard readied his fingers on the mask to strap it back onto his face. 

Before he could lift the black mask to his face, his hand was suddenly stopped by the firm grip of Superior Spades. He looked at him questionably in the eye, feeling both emotions of anger and confusion as it bubbled inside of him. "Superior Spades, please just let g-" Before he could finish his words, Spades suddenly came in closer, still holding his hand in the air as he backed him towards the wall. He pushed him hard against the wall with his hand pinned back as he drew his face close to his.

His hand crept towards his face to let his fingers lightly slide beside his jaw, grazing his soft skin as he gently lifted his head. He held his face up carefully, not wanting to hurt him after what happened as Bear stayed silent, too shocked to say anything. He then flickered his large, jade eyes to look at his partner, scared and confused. His partner was so close, too close as Junior Bear drew in a sharp breath in response to the shivering sensations that pricked his skin and ran along his spine. A stream of questions rushed through his mind. Was Spades mad at him? Why did Spades act like that, and why does he keep staring?!

Bear squirmed slightly underneath his grip, trying not to show himself wavering in front of the tall guard with a bold (but adorable!) expression plastered on his face as he stared back at him sternly. As if Spades could sense his bubbling anxiety underneath that cold stare he tried so  hard to keep on, he relaxed his grip on the boy's hand and straightened up. He wanted to get things straight to the point before the boy could get into a full blown panic attack.

In a slow, soft voice, he finally spoke, "Junior Bear, I've... I've never been so intrigued by something before. Your eyes are such a... vibrant green that I find myself mesmerized by them. I can't seem to look away from them. I just...I'm truly sorry for the unexpected pinning to the wall, but I just wanted to take one last look at your face before you put your mask back on. I find this event very peculiar to me, but maybe it's because I haven't seen a guard's face in years. Once more I am truly sorry for my actions, but I can't seem to forget your intriguing, green eyes."

Junior Bear felt himself slowly turning red as he mentally cried furiously, 'IS THIS A ROMANTIC COMEDY OR SOMETHING?!' He simply gave a stunned look to Spades as he said those words. "Well okay, don't you think that's enough staring though? You got me scared there like a bunny trapped by a bloodthirsty hound. And man are you brutally honest, say that to a female player or guard and you'll find yourself a little flock of girls in no time. Come on, let's go." With a sigh, he quickly strapped his mask back on, wanting to hide the inevitable, furious shade of red as he blushed everywhere. He shoves Spades's hand aside briskily and stomped off, leaving the guard there.

"Our first lesson will commence right now, the emotion of awe!" cried out a high-pitched voice calling out to Spades. The purple guard shook his head and went to follow his partner. Although he was strange, Spades became interested in him as he wanted to know more about him after what happened. He felt slightly drawn to him by just looking at his eyes alone. Eyes that seemed so lively and filled with hope that it made Spades strangely comforted by it. And with that, he soon found himself walking behind the blonde.

 ♠️

.|Chp 5 End|.