In

❝𝐼𝑓 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑝𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑢𝑙, 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢?❞

~•~

"What?"

Taehyung blenched at that sound, for he didn't envision anyone eavesdropping on them.

"Jaemin? What the-"

"Wh- what did you say Taehyung hyung?" Jaemin's  voice broke, although shrill, making a hole through the bitter air.

The passengers' heads were then all turned towards them, something Taehyung least wanted.

"Jaemin, please," Taehyung did grit his teeth in annoyance, exhorting under breath, imploring him to stay mum about anything he heard.

"Are you perhaps crazy? The ferry is capsizing and you don't want me to let others know about it?" 

Taehyung felt so irked, "Jaemin..." he furrowed his brows and blew out a dejected sigh.

Sukyeong stood from her seat, highly strung and shuddering, "Do you want us to die, Taehyung oppa?"

The brouhaha over those latter's words left Taehyung no choice but to be despondent. Taehyung stole a glance at his fiance in a moment he found.

Few of the other students too took an abomination towards both Taehyung and Jungkook, taking it as read that the pair did not want the mainspring of the bedlam be known, just so they could be rescued with others left to die.

Jungkook was ashened, appearing to be bloodless, his face assumed a peely-wally hue. His breath was careworn, and his feet felt very tremulous. He began feeling woozy from all the noise created around.

Taehyung comprehended the panic has settled in Jungkook's chest, so he himself ventured to mitigate, not only Jungkook's funk but of all the others.

"Alright so now as you have all came to know the truth, hear me out. Pay attention to me everyone!! Please, please kindly do not panic. Panic can make our body sink, whereas if we are relaxed-"

But not a soul did attend Taehyung's admonition. Jaemin or Sukyeong neither did take an interest to it. Their sole intent was on finding a way to escape.

Thus, Taehyung walked over at the edge of the deck and climbed the railings,

"I'm the son of a captain who has been sailing ships for over thirty years now, I know the basics and I've been in such circumstances before," he said in his full bitter cry, the words which were also proven to be futile.

"Now, If none pays heed to my words, I'm going to jump off."

Partly, he could earn the attention of those attendants, so he protracted,

"Hear me out, don't panic. Panic can make us sink faster, whereas if we are relaxed we will be afloat for a long time because of the air in our lungs, so don't panic. If you are in the ocean, don't turn your back to it and hold onto any rock you find nearby.

Alternately, let us focus on what could be done. We need to assure if the helmsman has put out a SOS and if he has, then whether the AIS transceiver is communicating with other nearby ships. The disaster needs to be reported to the control room as soon as possible, in that way the rescue operation would be swift," Taehyung appeared to be very executive, remaining calm and maintaining his phpegm in such a moment of distress was not something everyone could adopt.