I

❝𝐵𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 𝑏𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑒, 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑟𝑠❞

~•~

-18th December-

The room was dirtied with silken ribbons, deflated many-hued balloons, nitid confetti and purple streamers hanging throughout the width of all four walls- the previous night was indeed the most flamboyant in both Taehyung and Soojin's lives, distinctive to what it had been prior in these two years.

The 17th day of December badged the 2nd anniversary of Taehyung and Jungkook's wedding- guests of honour put in an appearance at that ceremony. Taehyung baked the imperfect cake continually bewailing that Jungkook left the baking lessons incomplete and thus he didn't know how to concoct the top-tiered cake.

Mr. Jeon, with the assistance of Mr. & Mrs. Kim prepared most of the best-loved edibles for the centre of attraction- the couple.

Loud music, magical lambent lights, and garish colours embellished the day- an escape from their daily banal, repetitive lives. Everything felt so illusory- maybe because...so was it!

Soojin, although was only a 5 years old little child, she saw life more than someone who might have lived for fifty years but never knew what life could mean. She has faced life- and is facing so, constantly in every moment.

In that revelation, Soojin partook. She shammed a smile throughout frolics- putting on a facade of being contented, of being delighted. Elseways, her papa would have worried for his daughter, ultimately ravaging his grand day, which Soojin indefinitely did not want.

With the exception of Taehyung, anyone who pitched in to furnish the day, were all au courant with the approaches their guests came along with towards the Jeon family, and the commiseration towards Kim family.

Some of them advised Mr. Jeon to confer with a mental health counsellor for Taehyung, whereas the seniors advised to get Taehyung married-

But Soojin denied.

She said his papa is already married to his dadda, and they love each other a lot. They are indeed a happy family.

Soojin's disarrayed sophistication did not go uncriticized- for the preponderance, it was all the adverse ramifications of staying with a guardian who was supposedly mentally ill.

"Soojin dear, you have a great future ahead. And because we are concerned individuals, we only want to secure your future. So, this is just an advice from us, stay away from Tae- uh- your papa, as much as possible, okay? The remaining we will take care. And someday better foster parents would come and adopt you, okay!?"

At those insensitive words blurted out indifferently, Soojin became numb- can she now imagine staying apart from Taehyung? When no one spared a glance at her after she had lost her family beneath the depths of the cruel Yellow Sea, that young man gambled his life to save her. On the previous night, Soojin did not know how to respond to that. But on this dawn, narrow rivulets of tears kept flowing from her eyes.

She tossed to find out her papa had woken already- the space beside her was empty thus ; in place, the portrait of Soojin's dadda in the red flannel was kept. She noticed the besmirched taffy icing of the cake on that picture. She snuffled and clasped the picture in between her arms, cleaning that blotch with her pristine yellow skirt.

"Dadda, we love you!! We miss you!! Please come back, please...You will listen to your little warrior, right? Dadda you will come back, right??" She embraced the picture tightly, putting it over her embosom and closing her eyes to find a ray of hope somewhere, anywhere.