I

A/N:

•A really long chapter, so some of you might feel bored.

•A very important chapter.

•Italic- Flashbacks.

❝𝑊𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑎𝑢𝑙𝑡 𝑖𝑛 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑜𝑟 𝑢𝑠?❞

~•~

December 31st, 2016.

10:30 p.m.

LAST DAY OF HEARING;

Taehyung stood in the grand, majestic courtroom, his eyes fixed firmly on the judge. The silence felt tangible. Memories flooded back, as vivid as if they had happened moments ago, tearing at his very soul.

His voice was raw with emotion as he recounted the tragedy that had forever changed his life.

"My husband, Jungkook..." Taehyung folded his lips in,

"...and I were on the Iseul ferry that day," he began with a dense sigh. "We were travelling to Jeju Island for our much-anticipated destination wedding, filled with the hopes and promises that only our love could bring.

But that hope and promise were cruelly... snatched away from us in one fell swoop."

Taehyung paused, his breath caught in his throat, "Then, everything changed. In an instant, everything had changed," he pressed a smile, a particularly shammed smile.

"The ferry began to tilt, chaos ensued, and before I knew it, I had lost Jungkook, my then fiance."

Taehyung's voice grew hoarse, his body trembling as he recalled the terror that had consumed him. "I searched for him frantically, calling his name, but he was nowhere to be found. I tried to stay calm, but the knowledge that our lives were in grave danger was overpowering. I knew I had to find a way off the sinking ship before it was too late...but despite what I thought, we were, we were too late..."

Taehyung's hands clenched into fists enveloping the wooden barricade, his eyes shut tight as he revealed the most painful moment of all. "Jungkook had been too worried about me, to the point he robbed a bloke off of his life jacket to give it to me," a solitary nonetheless warm tear escapes the confinement, "I know. I know that was not what he should have done. That he deserved to be punished, to be held accountable because of his actions...but at least not in this way."

Taehyung allowed his tears to fall freely down his face,

"No matter how self absorbed Jungkook appeared to be, he was not heartless, he just always knew his priorities. And he would never ever compromise with what he chose to be best for him, with anything, anything at all...maybe Soojin is the consequence of some of the rarest acts of kindness he had done earlier," his breathing ragged with overwhelm.

"I know that I still haven't found Jungkook's body, but I refuse to believe that he is gone," he said, his voice filled with a fierce determination. "Right now, standing here, I refuse to give any clarification or justification about why I consider myself married to someone whose whereabouts are unknown. If anyone deems me mad, so be it, I am mad in your eyes, but at the end only I know what I really am.

I refuse to accept that Jungkook has been taken from me. And I will not rest until justice has been served for all the lives lost on that Iseul ferry."

Taehyung's words echoed through the courtroom, and everyone present was profoundly moved by his story. His love for Jungkook, his strength in the face of an unimaginable grief, and his unwavering determination to fight for justice for everyone impacted by the tragedy was nothing short of awe-inspiring.