🔆A Hero Is Born Part 1🔆

~~~

Sighing, I relax my posture as the demon I defeated ran away with its tail between its legs.

I de-summoned my charged up Aura Sphere, blowing on my hand to keep it from smoking too much.

The demon disappeared, but I was sure that it would possibly return, so I climbed a fire escape ladder close by and decided to follow the general direction of the demon.

After a few minutes, it seemed like the demon really was gone and out of reach from my aura senses. My mistake, I gave him too much of a head start.

I jumped off of a roof and landed perfectly on my feet, out of view of other citizens. I went through an alley and into a market, blending myself into the crowd as best I could.

"Pardon me." I muttered as I bumped into someone. The person jumped in surprise. "Oh, I'm sorry." He removed his headphones, nervously apologizing.

I waved him off. "It's fine, don't worry. Just be more careful, okay?" The person nodded with a sheepish smile.

I continued off, making it out of the giant crowd that was the farmers market at rush hour. I snuck back into another alleyway and went to make my way to the abandoned buildings district.

I claimed one of the buildings as my own. Sure, it isn't really homey seeming, and most definitely not stable for a mortal, but seeing as I'm not mortal, I don't necessarily have much to worry about.

Like routine, I climbed up the steps that lead to my room and slipped in through the window. I ended up in my bedroom. It wasn't really as neat as I put myself off as, but it was comfortable type of messy.

I moved my bean bag chair from the middle of the room into a corner and I took the spot that the chair once held and sat down, beginning my meditation.

My aura connected itself with the earth, and my senses were heightened to almost unrealistic degrees. When I first did this in this area, I had collapsed with a raging headache. But now, the more I went with it, it was reduced to nothing but a slight throb in the back of my mind.

I theorized it was because of the strange staff sticking out of the mountain that resides behind my building, constantly giving of a golden glow as a show of its power, even in the harshest of rainstorms.

My aura picked up an intruder. My ears perked at the noise of firm footsteps just below.

Breaking my meditation, I rushed to my window to look outside and see who it was. Two demons, both in all red. A woman and a young man walked towards the mountain with the staff sticking out of it.

Quietly, I snuck out of my room and followed them close behind. The two talked as they reached the mountain, something about how the young mans gauntlet could trick the staff into thinking he was worthy, and the woman spoke of how she could finally free her beloved husband.

My gut twisted in worry.

This was bad.

Really bad.

While this situation was bad, my reaction time was worse. A strange robot tried to remove the staff normally, but it was proven fruitless.

"You fool, you don't think we've already tried that?" The woman sneered in distaste and frustration.

The young man then approached the staff, bragging about his gauntlet, then using it, he plucked the staff out of the mountain as if it were a measly flower.

There was silence, and nothing happened.

"Mother, are you sure this is the right mountain." The young demon asked in irritation, his hair igniting in small sparks.