Track 2.01 | hey, are you okay?

Updates for this story will be every Tuesday & Saturday. Let me know if you'd prefer any other day/s or schedule. And as always, please leave comments and vote for this chapter if you enjoyed it. It absolutely makes my day! You can follow me here (on Wattpad) for more updates as well <3

 🦋 + 🐍

(Priyankha's Version)

"For the last time, Dio, it's called basic human decency to worry about someone. Not a freaking crush." Priyankha scoffed at him yet, betraying her words, a hot tint of red crept up its way to her cheeks. Thankfully, the shade of her skin guarded her little secret from being exposed out in the open. She gazed up at Oliver from the corner of her eye and looked back at her feet immediately when she noticed him observing her closely.

It was one thing to be teased with someone when the person wasn't around but this was a wild, unnerving feeling coursing through her veins. Especially when she knew he was looking at her and could notice her cheeks redden or the way her eyes would involuntarily dart towards him when she thought he wasn't looking. The blaring speakers around her would have to take the blame for the loud sirens in the beat of her heart, though she knew the reason was a certain blue eyed man.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry." Dio raised his hands in defence but Priyankha knew he wasn't the kind to give up so easily. "I came to check up on you... No wonder you forgot to order our drinks when you were clearly so preoccupied by-"

Before Priyankha could glare at him, Oliver shifted uncomfortably in his seat and stood up on his feet. Great, she thought, Dio must've scared him with the whole crush thing. A part of her wanted to ask him to stay, another one wanted to talk to the man with the reasons why. But maybe it was a little too late because the iced coffee guy had made up his mind and stepped away from his seat.

And now all she could do was stand there and watch him walk away.

She couldn't help but spiral about how every time she was so happy, it turned back to sad. Wondering if it was her twisted fate or if it's wrong or she's making mistakes, she released a breath she didn't know she was holding when it dawned on her why he had emptied his seat.

It was not because he wanted to go away.

He made way for Grace - who had ended up here finding her two missing friends - and offered her his seat. Whether it was chivalry or was he being nice because of the huge chunk of bandages on Grace's wrist, Priyankha wouldn't know but she could feel a warm, fuzzy feeling grow in her heart. The kind that made her want to tear up, happy tears marking their way along her cheeks.

In a world where she was always chased by the monsters of her past, his actions felt like a tree providing shade when the sun burned too bright. Thoughtful. Caring. Selfless. Though it was directed towards someone else, she could feel a tinge of appreciation colour her in shades of hope.