Track 2.04 | and i'll write your name

Thank you all so much for over 4K reads! Honestly, I'm writing this story and continuing with updates (in spite of exams being so close) only because of you guys. In case I haven't said this yet, I love you! And I'm so thankful that you're here! <3

Here's a longer chapter to celebrate. Enjoy and don't forget to comment your thoughts :)

🦋 + 🐍

(Oliver's POV)

(Oliver's POV)

It would be the perfect time right about now to introspect about why all good things always turned bad or how every flawless moment has to come to an end sooner or later but Oliver's throbbing head was too loud to form coherent thoughts. Just this morning, he was perfectly fine and proud of his little initiative about sending a parcel to the café but come evening, he wasn't so sure how to feel anymore.

Maybe it was just the chills from the last night that were finally catching up to him. Or maybe it was the subconscious fear that since he had now dared to take the first step, he could fail. And he could fall and hurt himself, possibly bad enough to never find the courage to do something so bold ever again.

What if she would find his gift rude or insulting somehow? What if she wouldn't like it at all? Or worse - what if she would outright reject and discard it away?

All possibilities were formidable enough and all Oliver could do was rush to the café in the evening once his meeting ended. It could either be to see her again and gauge her reactions to make sure she didn't hate him or evaluate where they stood in guise of wanting an iced Americano.

Well, at least there was one person who was thrilled by the recent turn of events. His assistant, Isabella, who no longer had to make runs to coffee shops at random timings to fetch him a basic coffee just because he didn't want to hear the loud coffee machine in his cabin. Wow, my employees must hate me, he thought, but who doesn't anyway?

The walk to the coffee shop felt like knowing all the words to your old favourite song. Oliver was so familiarised that he could probably walk here in his sleep, with eyes closed too probably. But the more he walked today, the farther the shop felt for his familiar song seemed to be blending in with a lot of other noises - rather, the loud marching particularly in his head that throbbed with adrenaline, thoughts and anxiety. Coffee was going to make that way worse but at least he'd get to see her once, right? That ought to be a fair and worthwhile trade.

Making sure his mask was secure, he pushed the doors open to register the evening crowd in the café. People dressed in formals working on their laptop or mindlessly scrolling on their phones to try and forget the tiring and unfulfilling day they just had. Some hanging out with their friends and talking way too loud. And then there were people like him, sitting in a corner with a book in hand and not a care in the world. Well, he wasn't the last kind yet but he desperately wished to be.