Vault Track 2.13 | but it's golden like daylight

Caution: You have reached a Vault Track!

[Skip this chapter if you're reading the ChickLit Version of this story. Keep reading ahead if you have picked reading the Thriller Version of Call It What You Want.]

Comment here to acknowledge yourself as a Thriller Version reader *_*

══════════════

🐍🐍🐍

Dear You,

Dear You,

I know you.

All sides of you. The ones you show the world, the ones you wish you'd bury deep in a dark corner, the walls you build around you so they can never see the light of day. But I see all of it. Because all I see once the light has faded is you. Hiding in the darkness, crying there by yourself, screaming so loud but no one ever hears it. No one but me.

I see you.

For I have been a lot of lonely places and so have you. We learn to live with the pain since we loved in shades of wrong. Always misunderstood by the ones we wanted to be understood by most. Our mosaic broken hearts heavy with secrets threatening to weigh us down, neither of us believed we could love anymore. No matter how badly we wanted to. For the more we try to hide away our darkness, the brighter it shows up in the limelight.

I feel you.

Two sides of the same coin, you and I. So different yet fused together. So close yet so far. With a desperate need to be found, noticed. The urge to be understood, loved even runs deep in our veins. For that's how we're wired. Chasing things we know we can never have. As they say, since love wasn't served to us on a silver spoon, we learned to lick it off of knives.

So... I found you.

My world was black and white. But the moment our paths crossed, you showed me colours you know I can't see with anyone else. A tint of hope, a shade of fantasy, an ombre of happy endings. And just like that, my life didn't feel so cursed anymore, for you're the one real thing I've ever known in a world full of deception and white lies.

And I won't let you go.

How can I when you're everything I've waited my whole life for? My desire to have you might not be as pure as it seems. Afterall, I've weaved my webs of opacity around you to make sure you never go away. Because now that you've painted all my nights a colour I've searched for since, I can't go back to my empty world again.

I'll be the summer sun for you, forever.

My flames will be your solace in the dead cold of winters. My scorching thirst for you will keep the flowers we grow together alive. Until you find yourself ablaze, screaming when you realise that my love isn't burning red; it's golden like the daylight you're so scared of. Bright. Hopeful. Blinding. And just like that, darling, you'll realise I'm nothing but a nightmare dressed like a daydream.

But a circus ain't a love story and soon you'll be sorry.

I'll let you make the rules so you think you're in control. I'll let you think you run the show, pulling me along with you on these unknown paths. While in reality, all you do is follow the script I have planned for us. For, this love is scripted. With our pretend names, we'll end up living through a pretend relationship like the kind you read in your books. And it's fine to fake it till you make it. Because I'm the author of this story and - spoiler alert - it's not a love story.

There was no invisible string tying you to me... So I tied it myself.

I'm no fortune teller, no time traveller but I already know we're going to have our first date soon. And while we throw coins and make promises to each other at the Fountain of Hope, I'll retrieve the coins I threw into the fountain today as a promise to myself. I could promise to love you; but love's a fragile little flame; it could burn out. I could promise to play you like a violin and make it look easy; but I'm no musician. I could promise you a broken heart, deep blue but I'd paint it golden enough for you to not notice since that's what I do best.

Because somehow, everything begins and ends with love, doesn't it?

══════════════

Random Question: If love was a colour, which colour would it be?

* * *

A/N: Theory time! Who do you think is writing this diary now? Think really hard, and then think again :P

Hope you enjoyed this little diary entry vault track that began with an awww and ended with a wtf lol. Took a dark turn so quick, didn't it? ;) All I can say this, this writer (referring to both, the writer of this diary as well as the writer of Call It What You Want) is unhinged bwahaha *shrugs*

As always, I'm super excited to hear what you think so type all your wildest theories here. I'm all ears (and I obsess over your comments more than you think ngl xD) *_*

P.S. There is a huge, huge, huge hint (and pattern) in the diary-narrated vault track titles (i.e. the 13th track of each album). If you figure it out and if you can guess the next diary vault track's (track 3.13's) title before it is published here, I'm going to give you (each person who figures it out) a sweet little surprise! <3

We have one more vault track upcoming after this one, and just like that, piece by piece you're going to uncover the many layers this story is wrapped into. I'm so hyped to go on this journey with you; hope you're too <3

Until then,

Keep guessing <3

- Jhalak.

P.S. Follow me on my social media (links in my bio) for more updates & behind the scenes.