Track 2.12 | could stand up and sing you a song

Hello, hello! Feels like it has been ages, hasn't it? I'm back here again after 3 months, life has changed a lot but I'm ever so grateful to still have you here by my side. Love each & every one of you to the moon and to saturn!

This story has now crossed 7K reads & is a 6x featured story. The reason I'm still here writing this story is truly and only because of you. Thank you so freaking much for reading & supporting my stories. New work life is hectic so I'm planning to update new chapters every Sunday (or sooner if I can manage to do so).

Hope you enjoy this (slightly long) chapter. Feel free to comment your thoughts; you know I love reading them <3

🦋 + 🐍

(Priyankha's Version)

It felt like the perfect night for breakfast at midnight.

Sitting across each other, they savoured their new favourites as if wanting to hold onto it forever. Just like the taste of pancakes and chai had grown on them way too fast, way too soon, like an elevator rising out of control. Priyankha feared their growing feelings could mean just one thing.

They were about to fall.

But whether they would fall to pieces on the floor or if all the pieces would fall right into place was something they were yet to find out.

How would their story choose to write itself? Or would this be where their storyline ends? The warmth in their hearts started turning cold when doubts started colouring their moments blue. Flashing each other a melancholic smile, they chose to relish this moment as deep down, they both knew it was about to end soon — just like their breakfast at midnight.

Hoping these memories would break their fall, Priyankha nodded to herself before plugging in her wired earphones. The soft tune entranced her slowly and she realised how the scene playing out before her wasn't perfect - since there was one thing missing.

Her first love.

Music. The one thing she had loved. The one thing she had lost. The one thing that she could never get back, no matter how hard she tried.

Oliver typed away on his laptop, stealing secret glances and taking small sips of his chai so he wouldn't have a reason to leave anytime soon. If things were under control, he'd make sure he'd never have to leave. If only life was as beautiful as his daydreams; if only life was as precious as the woman sitting across him.

When their eyes met, he gestured towards her phone and raised a brow questioningly, making Priyankha's heart flutter in an instant. Blood rushed to her cheeks and she struggled to find the words to explain. "Uh, sorry." She explained how Dio had urgently asked her to review the tracklist for their open mic day and her low chuckle gave Oliver goosebumps. "He thinks hosting a karaoke night would help bring in more customers and- well, it doesn't hurt to try, does it?" She shrugged and Oliver clenched his jaw at how Dio managed to interrupt their stolen moment, in spite of being miles away.