♡ john doe + general hcs v2 . ˚⊹꒷

[word count] 1172.

[warnings] yandere character [technically; but not really in the case of these headcanons], mentions of ending 4, made pretty quickly.

[adi moment] i'm reformatting all of the wattpad chapters to more so match the layout of my tumblr!! this was originally an anon request from tumblr which asked for more general Doe headcanons!! ˊᗜˋ

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・Not a morning person - at all. You honestly wouldn't have expected it, with the fact that he got up relatively early during the time loops so that he could greet you. But now that the two of you have started dating, he's been the type to try and pull you back to bed when you get out, even using his hair to reach you from farther distances. While you find it endearing, you do have a job to do and bills to pay, so you always promise to sleep in with him another time.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・You were really shocked to find out that John Doe has a job of his own. During the time loops, you had assumed that the only thing he really cared about doing was stalking you - but it even turned out that he had a house of his own. Apparently, he had trapped you in there a few times, which you don't entirely doubt. However, everything clicked when he told you that he never actually went to work for even a day of his employment - instead using his psychokinesis to convince his boss that he has been showing up. He doesn't even know what the job is, and You suppose that it really doesn't matter, anyway. You do get a bit jealous, though, when you see the paycheck arrive in the mail.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・Of course, he has offered to do the same thing for You, but you'd feel bad if you lied to your boss like that. You're the only person who's actually at the cash register during your shift, and you don't want everything to fall apart in your absence. Doe's tried to convince you that everything would be alright, but you don't buy it from the guy that couldn't even make a guess as to what career he's in. Maybe one day, if more people are hired.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・Continuing on the topic of his psychokinesis, he has used it quite a lot when the two of you had started dating. From high-class restaurants to the most extensive museums and exhibits, he was always finding beautiful places to take you. You were incredibly grateful, but you weren't quite sure where he was getting the money to pull off all of these dates. It turned out that he was just using psychokinesis to 'convince' everybody that you definitely belonged in all of those fancy places.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・It took a while to get Doe to understand that he didn't actually have to go out of his way to do any of those things - and that you'd be happy to go on a date no matter where it was. Besides, You were never really good in super fancy settings, and you'd been feeling awfully awkward and underdressed. Turns out that he was, too. It was a funny situation, but the both of you were glad to do something more relaxing, instead of forcing yourselves to look like "snotty rich people" in Doe's own words.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・As for your current dates, you'll often do more casual things - like watching movies together, or going on a picnic date. Doe will also take you around the city, knowing that You had only recently moved, and had dealt with a lot of weird circumstances which left you unable to really experience the city. Even though he tends to get agoraphobic, he tends to feel better when he's with you. You've also taken him bird watching a few times, knowing that he loves the cute little creatures. They definitely don't seem like birds outside the valley, but you're just happy that he's having fun.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・Doe's never been outside the valley. He could travel if he wanted, but he's been in the valley for the entirety of his life, and he's pretty scared of what awaits him outside. After all, Uncanny Valley is the hotspot for all sorts of eldritch horrors, and he does understand that things might not work the same outside. Despite this, he does still have plans to go for a special occasion, sometimes making jokes that you both should travel the world if you ever got married. Even if it's just a joke, You would honestly do it.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・His favorite season is spring! He just loves, loves, loves when the flowers start blooming and the weather starts to improve. It does end up being a bit inconvenient for him, though, as his body isn't quite able to handle the high amounts of pollen in the air. Be prepared for the constant sneezing. Turns out that his blinks aren't the only things that get random sound effects...

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・Does like to take walks during the spring rain. Of course, he has to make sure that he's totally covered - but he enjoys how peaceful and quiet it is. It was an idea that you had first suggested to him, and you spent hours trying to make sure that there was no opening for water to slip in. He had never been able to walk in the rain whilst in his faux body, but the experience went well and only served to increase his favoritism for spring. You still remember how dilated his pupils were - almost as much as when you agreed to give him a chance.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・On the other hand, his least favorite season would have to be summer. His normal body temperature is already quite high, and so he doesn't take quite well to the heats of the valley. There have been occasions where the two of you have gone out, only for Doe to start melting into a puddle in front of your eyes. Plus, his body can't handle water, meaning that he couldn't even participate in some of the more stereotypical summer activities. He can't even be that mad, though, since he gets a free excuse to just stay at home and turn up the AC.

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・He can, however, go outside safely during the cooler summer nights. The both of you usually go to the park, sitting on a bench together and watching the fireflies glimmer in the moonlight. You've also taken him to the playground there - which he really enjoyed. And even though it took you a bit to stop feeling embarrassed, you had a lot of fun, too. At one point, you both made it a competition to see who could push the other higher on the swingset. He won - but you swear that the competition was rigged - it's cheating to shapeshift into a stronger version of yourself!

╰₊˚ʚ🔪ɞ・Can crack his bones like glowsticks. I really just thought of this one on the fly, but I can just imagine it being so funny that he rolls his neck, cracks it, and then starts lighting up. It's pretty convenient, though you actually started freaking out the first time he did it. You aren't too sure how he managed to accomplish something like that, but you wouldn't be surprised if he actually swallowed a few glow sticks. The glow naturally fades away in a few hours, but he can also make it disappear faster if he'd like.