Work slightly sucks :/ thats all i have to say

Purpled followed behind the two princes in relative silence. The castle walls rose around them and buffered the outside world from the people sleeping inside. He hasn't been the royal bodyguard for long and he's already found that the job was mostly just following the two as they snuck around the castle each night to steal food or cause trouble. It was boring but it paid well, and was definitely safer than other jobs he's taken.

As they turned right again he decided it was time to break the silence.

"How are you guys lost in your own castle?"
"What! We are not lost."
"Ya, fuck you purpled!"
"We've already taken five right turns and we passed the stair well to the kitchen ten minutes ago."
"We have a stair well to the kitchen?"

Purpled groaned in frustration.

"Wait, you're just watching us walk in circles? Won't you get in trouble if Phil finds out we're sneaking around at night?"
"My job is to make sure you don't die, I don't get paid to make sure you're not tired for the treaty counsel tomorrow."

Though apparently this specific treaty was important. So maybe he should try and steer them to bed earlier than he usually would. He didn't hate this  job and would be annoyed if he was fired.

Tommy huffed, "you old people and your treaties."
"I'm not even that old."
"Sure, that's what old people say."
"Actually, how old are you?"
"He's probably as old as Phil."
"I'm not telling you my age."

Him being seventeen was a secret he'd really rather the princes not knowing, and was surprisingly easy to hide. Cloth covering the lower part of his face and a hood should really only last so long, yet here they were, months into this job and still the two were clueless.

They continued walking in as much silence as Tommy was physically capable of until they were met with a dead end.

"Puuurrrrplledd, can you just show us the way? There is food that is calling my name."
He sighed. It was fun watching them run around while it lasted.

"Fine. But only if you stop complaini-"
A huge rumble cut him off. The walls that seemed so strong and safe only a moment ago shaking and a painting fell of the wall behind them with a clatter.

Purpled's breath caught in his throat and suddenly it felt as if he were breathing straight dirt and ash. His muscles locked up and for one horrifying second he was completely frozen.

Fuck.

Fuck. It was happening again. He needed to find his siblings, they needed to get out, the building was as on fire and they were going to die because it was happening again-

"Purpled," Wilbur's voice brought him out of his panic," what's happening?"

"We need to get out."
He grabbed the two princes wrist and started dragging them out of the building. He was sprinting down the halls, Wilbur and Tommy stumbling behind him. Another rumble shook the castle and he almost fell down the stairs.

"Purpled! What is happening? We-we need to find dad an-d techno-"
"Philza and Techno are the two people you should be least worried about. I'm sure they have many exits to escape from. Right now, my job is to make sure you don't die in a fire."
"Fire? How the fuck do you know that we are in a fire?"
"It's not important. Shut up and fucking run."

They barreled out the door and into the gardens. Snow dusted the beautiful flowers and bushes, glittering like crystals and reflecting the growing red of the fire starting to roar behind them.

Purpled didn't let go and kept running. The sound of rubble falling and fire crackling filled the air.

"Don't stop. Don't stop. We have to keep going."
"Purpled we can't just leave!"
An arrow zipped past his ear and his eyes widened in shock. He kept running.

They made it to the edge of the forest and continued plowing on. Branches smacking their faces and snow crunching under their feet. Only the sound of their heavy breathing filled the air.

"Where, where are we going?" Wilbur pants.

Purpled made a hard right turn and slowed to a fast jog," I keep some supplies out here in case I needed to leave quickly. We'll camp out here and make our way somewhere safer."

They just nodded and continued running. If they heard screaming none of them mentioned it. For now, they just needed to stay alive.