Icey

"Tommy get off the fucking ice."
"Fuck you I'm fine!"
"If you fall in I'm not saving you."
"Purpled you bitch! I'm the carfullest!"

The weather was surprisingly nice; only being a few degrees below freezing and you could sorta see the sun shining through the clouds. Deciding to use this brief intermission in the storm, Tommy was exploring the area and not being any help to the other two who were packing up the camp.

"You guys are just jealous of how fuckin carful I am."
Wilbur snorts before going back to helping purpled pack up camp," sure Tommy, you're so carful."

...

"Tommy?" Wilbur's heart spikes at the lack of answer from his brother.

He whips his head around to look back at the lake, only to see a jagged whole where the boy should be.

"Shit. Purpled. Purpled! Tommy fell in! He's in the lake!"
"Fuck, I'll get him," Purpled throws down the supplies he was packing and sprints to the water.
——
Purpled's feet pound the ground as he races to the frozen water.

He jumps in the frigid water and immediately feels as if his limbs have locked up, like his body has completely stopped working and his lungs have collapsed in on themselves. His mask feels plastered to his face and every cell seems to be burning. He squints his eyes and peers around the water.

This is is job.
Saving Tommy is part of his job.
He can do this if it's for a job.

He almost misses the dark, muddled shape of Tommy that was slowly sinking downward. His limbs moving jerkily in an attempt to get back to the surface.

Purpled grabs his arm as firmly as he can and yanks him over before pushing him to the surface. They both drag themselves onto the ice.

His lungs feel like they are made of glass and he's suffocating. Soaking wet fabric covering his mouth and nose and he can't breathe. He rips the mask from his face and takes a deep, shuddering breath before standing up. Shivers rack his spine and the wet clothes aren't doing him any favors. His hands are trembling uncontrollably and his teeth chattering uncomfortably together.

Turning to Tommy, who seems to be coughing up his whole respiratory system, purpled grabs him again and pulls him to Wilbur. The guy looks like he is about to have a panic attack after the whole "his brother and guard almost dying thing."

"We have to get the wet clothes off."

Wilbur nods, hurrying to their discarded luggage to grab anything warm. Desperate to help in anyway.

"I thought you- you were carful?"
"Hey, I I  I almost died! You c can't make fun of fun of me. That's a - real-rea that's a real bitch move."
"I can an-and I will."

Tommy stuck his tongue out in the most adultish way possible and Purpled, in an equally grown up manner, flipped him off.

Of course that's when Wilbur decided to show up with clothes that weren't on the verge of becoming icicles.