When it turns out you're the adult of the group

Wilbur was feeling like his heart decided to pack up and move to his throat. Which, to be fair, was a perfectly normal response to having your little brother almost drown.

So he did as he was told and got the extra clothes as fast as possible because Tommy almost drowned and he couldn't do anything but watch because if he went on the ice he would probably fall in himself, and while Purpled had proved himself thus far Wilber wasn't sure he could save the both of them.

And that was a whole other thing.

Apparently, the cold hearted mercenary they hired, was younger then him.

This whole time he had assumed that he was wearing a mask because he had some nasty scar that he'd gotten doing something that was probably illegal, and instead it was just because he didn't want them to know his age.

Which, fair, because Wilbur is currently freaking out.

Does Phil and Techno know? They have to right? They wouldn't just hire someone they knew nothing about. Then again, he hadn't actually expected them to hire a mercenary in the first place.

Wilbur groaned, he could feel his head starting to ache. He couldn't wait till all this stress was over and him and his brother could eat real food again and sleep someplace warm and they didn't have to rely on a literal teenager.

The other two quickly stripped out of their wet clothes and were dressed again and they began to re-set up the camp that they were packing up only twenty minutes ago. Nobody felt ready to walk again and Wilbur certainly wasn't complaining.

"So... why didn't you want us to know you are a kid?"

The "kid" in question grinned, looking amused despite the fact he was still trembling, and Wilbur realized his work as the only adult was really going to be cut out for him.

"I thought it would be funny."
....
...
..

Maybe he should have a long talk to Phil about who they hire.