Chapter 7- New Home

*#$%^&*()This book contains self-harm, abuse, language, and other topics. If you are uncomfortable with these things or are uncomfortable reading these topics I advise you to leave to find one of my other books that don't have these subjects. continue at your own risk*#$%^&*()

(Not spellchecked)

WARNING this chapter WILL have graphic descriptions of gore 

=====================================================

  Air heavy with tension, the small skeleton looked around watching his surroundings to make sure the large monster had moved far enough for him to be able to uncover his hiding place safely. Shifting in his crouching position Ink looked around below him for a place to jump towards since most of the branches below wouldn't support his weight a second time. His white eyelights scanner the floor for a moment before landing on a small dead patch of grass, it wasn't the most superb solution but it was better than landing on the dead leaves or crumbling boulders. Jumping down from the tree to the grass Ink decided to wander further into the ruins, hoping to find an abandoned structure of any kind that he might be able to set his new home up in. 

  Trekking quietly around the vast array of caverns and swamp like forests that remained in the huge unpopulated areas of the ruins, Ink had found that there were small rodents and other animals he could hunt if he ever needed the food to restore HP. He had found it curious that the mushrooms (that would in most universes were located in waterfall) were actually all over the ruins and instead of having a light blue color it illuminated in a dark red color. The mushrooms were specifically abundant in the complex cave systems, coming in all different directions. Walking around more, there were some tunnels that led to small swamps. They had established in some of the larger caves. The swamps water in some areas looked contaminated with god knows what, the suspicious liquid looking like boiling tar pools. But under further experimentation Ink had found that some of the trees that were more moss ridden, had roots that absorbed the liquid in the swamp and their roots acted like a filter so he could drink clean water from the roots. Now the only concern was a place to settle to try and find a new life. 

  Wandering further Ink looked down a tunnel and saw that the end of the tunnel had a wider opening than the others. Moving down further, he followed the tunnel. Stoping at the entrance to the new cave Ink looked up in slight surprise for before him stood a good 60 ft tree. The surrounding area was dryer then the other swamp caves he had found and the trees were taller because the cave was bigger. The giant tree in the center seemed fairly healthy making Ink wonder if that one had grown so deep that it could get nutrients the other trees couldn't? Shaking that thought, he slid down the steep hill and pushed aside branches making his way to the tree to investigate. standing at the foot of the tree it seemed in questionably good shape for a tree that doesn't get sunlights but he wasn't going to try to jinx himself. Pulling a small hatchet from his bag, Ink tied a rope to it. Looking upon at the big tree Ink took a step back before chucking the hatchet at one of the lower but thicker branches. Ink stared blankly at the hatchet, it was in the line pretty good but not good enough to have caused any lasting damage on the tree, confirming Ink's question of wether or not the tree was strong enough to live in. Grabbing the rope, Ink yanked the hatchet out of the tree's limb, the sharp item landing in front of Ink with a heavy thud.

  Putting the hatchet back in his bag, He tossed the bag up an easy to access branch for when he got up there, leaving him down on the ground with just his rope. Taking a rock and tying the rope to it Ink used it to throw up above a branch and waiting for gravity to do its magic. Ink waited until the rope had wrapped around the branch a couple of times before giving it an experimental tug. Confirming that it was sturdy Ink hoisted himself up. 

Wiping the sweat from his brow the feeling of tiredness finally hit him. "hmm.. guess these past few days of not sleeping have finally caught up to me huh?"  Ink thought looking up at the branches above him, resting his head on the trunk of the tree for a moment. Looking at some branches over he saw his bag still hanging there.

 "huh, better at least get my bag before I take a nap." 

Sitting up Ink climbed over putting his bag back on putting the rope over his shoulder. Ink then proceeded to climb a little further up in the tree, making sure to sit high enough to not be within arms reach of Toriel if she did end up somehow finding him this deep in the caverns. Letting a small exhale Ink made himself comfortable, making sure to tie his wait to the tree so he didn't accidentally fall out fo the tree in his sleep. Setting his bag on a branch, he looked around allowing himself to let the embrace of sleep take over, closing his eyes to the sound of water dripping from rocks and rustling of small animals on the ground. 

//////////////////////////////////////////

HAH- IM BACK BITCHES- 

929 words

So close to 1k TAT oh well- next chapter maybe I'll have the energy for that.