Chapter 5-True Lab

*#$%^&*()This book contains self-harm, abuse, language, and other topics. If you are uncomfortable with these things or are uncomfortable reading these topics I advise you to leave to find one of my other books that don't have these subjects. continue at your own risk*#$%^&*()

(Not spellchecked)

(No Ones P.O.V.) 

The stairwell was dark and dreary, the soft footsteps of Ink and Mutt sounding like pounding thunder in the stilled silence of True Lab, for no one had been down there in years. Ink having having nothing else to trust but his assumption that he would not miss-step and fall the rest of the stairwell or that Mutt would catch him. Mutt was silent going down the stairs still having the place memorized from when he himself worked down in True Lab when he was younger. 

When Mutt was around 19 years old he was the head Assistant Scientist in True Lab, his Mother being the Royal scientist and standing at the right hand of the royal family, The Dreamurs. The lab, unfortunately, shut down later on in time due to the lack of safety and unknown disappearance of both him and his brother's parents when an emergency popped up at the lab. The main lab that was above the Undergrounds ground level exploded due to an unfortunate core meltdown that was fixed too late. The secret entrance to the lab in their backyard being the only safe entrance to the remains of the abandoned lab. 

Once at the bottom of the stairs Mutt reached towards the wall, feeling the cold surface of the nearby area to find the lightswitch. A small "Ahah!" was slightly shouted in the victory of finding the switch, the sound echoing down to the ends of the many corridors of the lab. Ink watched as one by one the large rectangles of grouped lights turned on one by one down the many hallways that twisted and intertwined all underground like one huge spiderweb. Some of the lights flickered and buzzed but most all were working. 

"I'm pretty sure the portal experimentation room is down this way." Mutt said pointing down one of the hallways to the left. It didn't have too much rubble on the floors of the hall and only a few of the lights were busted so it was better than working in some eery dark basement like place. 

"I fixed up the portal so it would work a while back. That was before I knew how to make portals myself of course, heh."Mutt said as they both walked silently down the hallway towards the room of the portal. Ink, still having not said a word walked side by side to Mutt, soon opening the door to the portal room. The lights on the ceiling clearly having been busted by most presumable the explosion, then again, it could also just be because the room was so old.

It was a strange looking machine, wires, rubble, and dust (not monster dust) scattered messily around the dark room. The machine was a tall rectangle shape with a bunch of tubes and wires attached all throughout the dirty metal frame. Ink's white pinpricks glowing a radiant pure white in the dark room, soon his eyes traveling to the cobweb covered computer to the left side of the wall. Mutt, summoning a magical bone in hand, turned it blue so the magic glow that shone off of it would illuminate their surroundings just enough to get everything set up. 

There were 3 large computers that rest on top of a dark wooden table along with one of those large grey multi stacked drawer/cabinets, holding an immense amount of notes and blueprints. (like one you would see in an office. I don't know what they are called I'm so sorry--) Pulling down his hoodie sleeve to his hand Mutt wiped the dust clean off of the large computers and sat down, turning on the small energy generator to power up the computers. Once the generator warmed up Ink watched as Mutt pressed the power button on the device and slowly began to set everything up.

A few moments pass and Ink looks at the portal. A small yet multicolored light made of magic starts to swirl like a whirlpool in the center of the rectangle contraption. The swirl stretching and growing in the machine till is became an oval shaped portal that hover perfectly in the center of the machinery. The lights swirling steadily, changing and shifting from the center towards the outer rim of the portal before breaking off and fading out of existence.

 "Alright Ink, I got it set up. Are you completely sure that you want to go THERE of all places?" Mutt asked once more, still quite unsure of allowing Ink to go to that wretched timeline in a cursed AU like Underworld. Looking at the portal and then back to Mutt, Ink added with a small huff of assurance. Letting out a sigh of anxiety Mutt pressed a large red button making the portal change from the inside out. The colors shifting and contorting to paint an image of where Ink would be landing. The image the portal made was in the setting of an arty overgrown ruin of a once beautiful garden. It was where the human, Chara, once fell before traveling throughout the area called the underground, making peace with everyone before the kingdom turned into a dilapidated place of feral ruin.  

Taking a step in front of the portal Ink looked at Mutt nodding his head as he said a quiet "Thank you.." and gave a small wave of, not 'goodbye' but 'see you later'. Mutt nodding in return. "Good luck on your journey!" He called out as he watched Ink slowly disappear into the portal before shutting the machine off and standing up. 

Mutt rose from the old metal chair slowly, stretching himself out before feeling a satisfactory pop from his spine. Walking out the door Mutt finally de-summoned the luminescent blue bone that floated by his side. Looking up at the ceiling lights and the white walls of the hallway he was reminded of his younger years when he was a lab assistant. Making new inventions to improve the underground's function, the excitement of science and its experimental risks that went with it, oh how he wished he could do that again and have his family back in his arms. 

The stairwell coming within two paces reach soon pulling him out of his daydreaming and reminiscence. looking back at the surrounding area Mutt looked sadly upon the remains of the once bustling place, a memory that seemed like yesterday yet felt like centuries. Turning his head back around and turning out the lights he trudged back up the dark stairwell, leaving the ruins of the True lab behind. 

FINALLY I UPDATE I AM SO FROMPIN' SORRY-- ONCE AGAIN PLEASE POINT OUT ANY GRAMMAR MISTAKES THAT I NEED TO FIX AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAD AN AMAZING CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! SJFHAJDSHFAFKADFJAJ

lmfao I should be doing my 4 page school paper-- JSJSJJSJS

1184 words