Act Three: Ambush

The three sins, as well as the hired mercenaries make their way through the forest. Axle and Wrath take the lead, with Butch, Tuk, and Lust traveling in the middle of the pack. While Gluttony carries the still unconscious Sky in the rear.
"I still don't see why I couldn't just carry the lady?" Lust asks, breaking the silence.
Wrath lets out a sigh. "Because. The worst thing Gluttony will do to her is eat her."
"Wait what? You're kidding right?" Butch asks, concerned. But he is only answered with Silence, causing concern and fear to cross his face.
The party continues in silence, as the sun rises above the horizon. The party continues in silence. And as the sun rises, Sky starts to stir. Her eyes open, and she stares up at Gluttony, her face becomes hot and red. "Uh... think I can walk now." She says softly. Without looking up, Gluttony speaks. "No. Not until the effect of Lust's aroma wears off."
"A..Aroma?" Sky asks.
"Yes, Aroma. The Sin of Lust produces an Aroma that has a unique effect on the opposite sex. It physically causes a weakness to the whole body, and causes...extreme lustful thoughts and feelings." Gluttony says, keeping his gaze ahead. "God that's terrible." Sky says. Concern and horror crosses her face.
"Tis the Sin of Lust." Gluttony bellows. "But worry not. I have been tasked with your protection. A job I take great pride in." Gluttony says, beaming.
"Ah...... Aww." Sky mumbles as she lays her head against Gluttony's chest, smiling as her cheeks turn red. Gluttony smiles, though it quickly turns as he takes a quick few sniffs from the air. "Boss!" He shouts ahead.
"I know, I know. I smell them too." Wrath shouts back. He comes to a stop, causing the entire party to stop.
"Come on out!" Wrath shouts. "We can already smell you. Might as well make yourselves known."
A moment of silence passes, as figures arise from the forest. The ones surrounding the party are dressed in black, brown, and green attire. They all wield short swords or daggers.
Stepping before the party, a group of three women. Each of them covered in cloaks and hoods. Axle, Butch, and Tuk all reach for their weapons as Axil shouts. "Ambush! Ready yourselves!"
Suddenly, maniacal laughter echoes around the trees. Wrath throws his head back as he laughs. "They ambushed us. They knew all along....and this....was the best they could come up with." The three sins laugh hysterically. Wrath composes himself while checking out his words. " Don't. Feel. So bad." Suddenly his laughter stops, and his face becomes serious. "You're only mortal."
The leading , hooded figure takes a step back, drawing herself behind her two bodyguards. Wrath' smile somehow grows bigger. "Boys. Put your weapons away. Let us deal with this. You did hire us for a reason." He shouts. "Lust!"
Lust steps forward and trough his arms out. Suddenly, a thick cloud of dark pink dust spills from his body. Gluttony places his hand across Sky's mouth and nose as he steps back. As the pink dust reaches the people in the trees, a majority of them suddenly collapse to the ground, while the others attempt to help them. In their disarray, Lust draws his short swords, and lunges towards the soldiers, stabbing and slicing at them relentlessly. While Lust is busy, Gluttony backs always from the dust, shielding Sky, as three men break from their companions and advance towards Gluttony with swords drawn. Gluttony spins around and lays Sky on the ground. "Stay here, and close your eyes." He says to her. "Wait, why?" She shouts as Gluttony stands up to meet the first attacker who raises the sword above his head. Before he can bring it down, Gluttony stands up and grabs the man under his shoulders and lifts him up. In the span of a second, gluttony opens his mouth, and from it comes a series of loud crunching and popping noises, as his jaw unhinges and opens wider and wider, until he thrusts foreword, and in one swift move, bites the upper body of the soldier clean off, with the agonizing sound of tearing flesh and breaking bone. Gluttony releases the rest of the body, which slumps to the ground in a heap, as the other two soldiers look on in horror. One of them drops his sword, and disappears into the forest, screaming like a mad man, while the other raises his sword, even though his hands shake with fear. Gluttony turns to the man. His mouth still open, big enough for a small child to stand in, and filled with layer after layer of teeth. Gluttony looks at the man, and with his long thin tongue, licks his lips and lunges at the man, who tried to fight, helplessly.
At the same time, Wrath faces down the three warriors blocking the path. As he walks forward, the two guards step forward as well, weapons drawn and at the ready. Wrath does not haul this advance, and continues walking. The two women charge him, weapons ready. Wrath makes no move to draw his swords, nor protect himself in any way. But as they each come within ten feet of him, something hits them. Like a wave of energy and power, that causes their eyes to roll into the backs of their heads as they fall to the ground unconscious. They collapse at his feet, and he breaks past them without breaking his strides.
The leader of the attack steps backwards in horror. Her face was hidden, but Wrath could tell she looked as troubled and terrified as a child. With a turn of her heel, the woman broke into a run away from the ambush site. Wrath only smiled and called out behind him, "the runner is mine! You two! Take care of the rest."
There was something unsettling about the way he said "Take care" but no one noticed. Not as Wrath stalked his prey.