The Twins

A few months ago, out of nowhere, a man entered the Cold Palace in the middle of the night.
Jiang Ying Yue stumbled upon him when she was returning from the kitchen and then, she did something terribly stupid.
In short, that man succeeded in winning her over and helped her in forming a plan to escape from the Palace.
The stupid Jiang Ying Yue immediately agreed and that's how she ended up running from the Palace in the middle of the night, ending up dying at the hands of two bandits.
Ying Yue scratched the tip of her nose as she shook her head at the level of Miss Jiang's stupidity.
How could she trust a complete stranger? It was clear that he was the accomplice of the person who was trying to get rid of her.
Otherwise, what're the chances of her getting attacked on the very same day she set her foot outside the palace for the first time in ages?
Moreover, the second bandit even confessed before dying that he was sent to kill the Good-for-nothing, the taboo of the Palace, Miss Jiang.
But looked like Jiang Ying Yue was just too desperate to get away from the life that she was living in the Palace. And desperate situations called for desperate measures.
As for other information about the palace or the current state of the Hyuang Empire, there was nothing much informational in Miss Jiang's memories.
That girl had not put her foot outside of the Cold Palace for more than the past five years, how could she have any information about the whereabouts of the three Princes and the knowledge of the state of the outside world.
It took Ying Yue ten more minutes to finally stumble upon the two maidservants of Jiang Ying Yue, who were bawling their hearts out as they sat at the foot of a huge tree.
The two girls were twins and were only two years younger than Jiang Ying Yue.
According to the memories, when Ying Yue was seven years old, she once stumbled across a group of bandits in the mountains who had kidnapped nearly two five-year-old twin sisters from a nearby village.
With the help of the sleeping powder, the one that she had received from her father as a gift after successfully reciting the method of brewing it, she succeeded in rescuing those two girls and brought them to her house.
Later she and her family found out that the two girls were on their way towards the Capital with their parents when the bandits attacked them and killed their parents.
Her father being a soft-hearted person decided to keep both the girls in his house at his daughter's request.
The two girls stuck around Ying Yue as they grew up and when she finally came to the Palace, the two of them followed her as her maidservants.
According to those memories, the twins had always been loyal to Jiang Ying Yue even through the years when she was suffering in the Cold Palace.
"Why the two of you creating such a scene? If someone saw you they will probably think that you are mourning. Don't jinx me, ah!"
Ying Yue's voice was soft but loud enough to reach the twins who immediately looked up at the source of the familiar voice.
Even though Ying Yue was not a mortal, she still was taken aback when within a couple of seconds she was wrapped in two pairs of arms as the twins clung to her and started crying even more loudly.
"Miss....waaahhhhh....M-misss...ahhh...wuuuuuu..."
"M-Miss...y-you.....sca-scared....us.....ahhhh!"
"Why d-did....you l-left....u-usss...."
"Mis-Missss...annnnnhhhhhh....."
"...."
Ying Yue felt like a headache was approaching her as the two girls continued sobbing and wailing while clinging to her tightly.
"Why are the two of you crying like I'm dead? Stop crying!" She tried to calm down the two girls.
However, to her utter shock, the girls only increased the pitch of their wailing and completely ignored her.
"...."
Ying Yue started regretting her decision of coming to find these two girls. Rather, she should have headed towards the Palace on her own.
But it still was not too late, right? She still could escape.
Thinking like that she started separating the hands that were holding her so tightly that she was almost afraid of getting bruises.
But no matter how much she tried, the girls did not budge. The more she tried to get out of their clutches, the tighter they clung to her.
After a few minutes of constant failures, Ying Yue decided to gave up on the idea.
"If you two don't stop crying then I'll leave the two of you here in the middle of this scary forest!" Ying Yue threatened.
But to her utter disappointment, her threat was like a passing breeze that got ignored.
Of course, her threat did not work. She could not even get out of their grasps, how was she going to fly away from them? And it's not like the twins could not find their way back to the Palace.
"STOP RIGHT NOW OR I AM GOING TO POISON THAT OLD FREAK EMPRESS DOWAGER THE MOMENT I WILL RETURN TO THE PALACE!"
She was not really expecting this one to work because both the girls knew that their weak and stupid Miss could never do something like that.
But she was left totally shocked when the girls immediately stopped crying.
Both of them retracted their hands from around Ying Yue which finally gave her a little space to breathe properly.
"Are you telling the truth? We are really returning to the Palace?" Li Qi asked with hopeful eyes.
Ying Yue squinted her eyes as she examined the expressions of the two girls, Li Qi and Li Wu.
"You two are really something!" Ying Yue said as she shook her head and started walking towards the direction of the Capital City.
It was time that she should take a look at her new home. After all, she had a lot to do and a luxurious life to live!