Ch. 11

"Hey, Chopper."

Sanji called out to his reindeer friend after wiping his hand with a hand towel once done with washing the dishes.

Chopper was about to walk out of the kitchen door but halted his steps when Sanji called him. The ship's doctor turned his head to his nakama who was now walking towards him with the hand towel he used, hanging on his shoulder.

He turned his body and faced Sanji, replying. "Yeah? What is it Sanji?"

"Have you checked what's wrong with my- I mean, Zoro?"

Chopper ignored the way how Sanji mentioned Zoro by his actual name and not with the usual 'marimo, mosshead, and idiot swordsman' nicknames Sanji had always called/mentioned Zoro with. The two already announced  that they were dating (by two, I meant Sanji being the one who mostly said the words since Zoro was only blushing a deep red as his nakama asked him questions if it was true, which Zoro nodded to. adding some questions that were really unnecessary according to Zoro, but i'd rather not mention.) earlier at lunch- and they of course accepted their relationship, and Chopper was still kind of getting used to them not fighting or calling each other names. If Chopper were to be honest, it was kind of new to him seeing Zoro and Sanji not bickering for a day. And atlast, finally they get some peace and quiet. Hey, atleast Nami wouldn't beat them up anymore for fighting, and Chopper finally gets to stop his worries everytime he sees their wounds caused by Nami's fists.

The doctor went silent at Sanji's question, causing panic and worry to course in him as he thought that his omega had a sickness that was incurable, even for Chopper.

"Chopper...nothing's wrong with him, right?"

Chopper stared at the visible concern showing beneath his friend's eyes before letting out a deep sigh.

"...No. Nothing's wrong with him, Sanji. Zoro's just...."

Sanji raised an eyebrow at his friend's pause in the sentence but waited for him to continue.

The reindeer doctor went silent again as he averted his gaze to the wooden floors below them, looking as if he was deeply thinking of something.

The concerning silence finally stopped as Chopper raised his head to look at Sanji, speaking.

"Hey, Sanji, before I answer your question, I've got a question of my own too and I need to confirm it at most first before I can give you the answer."

Sanji raised an eyebrow, curious as to what Chopper's question was but nodded his head.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

Taking a deep breath, Chopper stared at Sanji's eyes, then spoke.

"Say, did you and Zoro have sex....this week by any chance?"

Sanji gazed at Chopper, not expecting the question to be something like that, but he had to answer them first or else Chopper wouldn't tell him why Zoro's been puking at random hours. So, the cook responded.

"...Yes we, uh kind of did."

"Was it after we left the ship and went to the island?"

I thought it was only a question.

"..Yes?"

"Did you use protection?"

"Not that I remember, no. I don't think we did."

"Did Zoro's sickness begin the day after?"

"..Yeah. How did you know, Chopper?"

Chopper hummed and closed his eyes, tapping his hoof on the floor before looking back up at Sanji. The doctor smiled as he answered Sanji's question earlier.