Ch. 16 (filler)

Badump.

Ah, here it is again.

This feeling.

Sanji was aware of how and why his heartbeat keeps speeding up before he himself even realizes it.

The foreign attraction he felt towards that swordsman, he was aware.

Sanji knew that the green-haired swordsman, who he had thought he always hated, was the reason why his own heart keeps unusually beating like crazy. Zoro was the person who made him feel all these things he's never felt before.

And he was his mate.

Maybe at first, when he found out about that, he tried denying it. Absolutely despising the fact that that green-haired marimo is his mate but eventually, a flower bloomed.

It didn't take too long for Sanji to consciously go homo for the swordsman.

It only took three days for him to get used to the strange attraction he felt for Zoro.

It didn't even occur to him that he'd be gay.

But was it his fault?

Sanji didn't believe so.

It was that damn mosshead's fault for beaming an irresistibly shining adorable smile at him just because Sanji gave him booze with no unusual evil scheme intended.

"Wow. Thanks cook!"

No, don't make that face.

All marimo's fault for acting so fucking cute everytime Sanji cooked him his favorite food; eyes glowing with visible stars in them, as if he was Luffy. And when his cheeks go all cutely round like chipmunks because his mouth's full of, what Zoro called, 'love cook's delicious utterly mouth-watering food'.

"It's so good, cook! You should make this for me more often."

Do you know just how those simple words make me feel happy?

Adding the delighted grin and compliments that mosshead would blurt out to Sanji once he's done eating, just how can it be his fault that he's turned homo all of a sudden?

"Oi, cook. Thanks for the meal. It was great."

It would be great if you'd just let me have you.

Zoro's adorable smiles and compliments, it was all the more reason for Sanji to slowly and unconsciously not mind- accept the swordsman as his mate and fall deeper and deeper for him.

Sanji wondered if Zoro also knew that they were mates.

He wondered if the swordsman would accept him as his mate.

The omega was too tempting for Sanji to just patiently wait and only look at him from afar.

He wanted- needed to mark the swordsman as his. And then they'd mate, then sooner Sanji'd have Zoro bear his child.

But he didn't want to rush and make Zoro hate him.

That's the last thing Sanji wanted.

For one, he didn't even know if Zoro felt the same.

The worst case scenario Sanji could think of was Zoro looking at him negatively and rejection.

Sanji couldn't bear that.

If Zoro, the only person he'd ever want to spend the rest of his life with, doesn't want him as his mate then Sanji will never, ever, love anyone as affectionately as he does with Zoro ever again.

You only have one life and one mate.

Being rejected by your mate is the same as death.

If your mate doesn't want you, the life in you will slowly begin fading away.

Losing interest in doing things you used to love, not eating, no energy to talk nor move, colorless surroundings.

Sanji once heard that if your mate doesn't need and want you, the result to it is death.

To others, it was scary.

But in Sanji's case, Zoro's rejection was more horrifying than death.

___

Sanji walked out of the kitchen door, rushing to Nami's side with some cool watermelon drinks in hand once he saw her.

"Here, Nami-san. I made cool refreshing watermelon punch (-es?). Perfect for this hot sunny day."

Nami looked at Sanji, giving him a smile as she gladly took the drink whilst muttering a small thank you.

Sanji smiled back, then looked away from the navigator trying to find a certain archaeologist.

"By the way, Nami-san. Do you know where Robin-chan is?"

The tangerine-haired woman closed her eyes, letting out a sigh of satisfaction as she took a sip of her punch, before moving her gaze back up to Sanji, answering his question.

"Robin? Oh, she must be in our room. I saw her heading there with Zoro."

The navigator closes her eyes, humming once more before settling her gaze back to the blond cook.

"Why?"

Sanji, looking as if he just had seen a ghost, looked away from the navigator before speaking.

"Uh, no...It's nothing Nami-san..."

Nami only watched as Sanji walked away, possibly heading to Nami and Robin's room, with dropped shoulers. The atmosphere around the blond cook looking visibly gloomy.

Nami squinted her eyes at the cook who was acting strange, as she drank from her punch.

"Doesn't look like nothing to me."

_____

(LMOUUUSSSEEEE I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATEEE. FACE TO FACE CLASSES STARTED AND THE TEACHERS GAVE US LOADS OF ASSIGNMENTS AND I KIND OF GOT DISTRACTED.....AND MAYBE OR MAYBE NOT FORGOT THAT I HAD BOOKS THAT NEEDED UPDATING.

GOMEN!! and as you can see, this filler chapter may be a bit short. well, again, there's school tomorrow. BUT! it's the BER months and sooner enough the holidays'll save me. I PROMISE TO UPDATE ON THE WEEKENDS SO, FORGIVE MEEEE!!.....desu.)