Ch. 12

It's been two weeks since the unanticipated news arrived to the two soulmates. And a week ever since the two told their friends about Zoro's pregnancy.

And well...the one week for Sanji has been quite hectic.

With the knowledge of his mate bearing a child inside him, Sanji's been getting more overprotective and possessive towards Zoro, which more or less kind of annoyed the swordsman at times.

Everytime Sanji sees Zoro lifting up a dumbbell, he frantically takes away the equipment Zoro has in hand and carries Zoro to Chopper's infirmary, worriedly telling Chopper to check if the baby's okay which of course Chopper nodded to, saying that the child inside the swordsman was fine and told Sanji not to worry. It would always end up with Zoro getting continuous scoldings from both the cook and doctor, telling him to stop lifting heavy weights for it might harm the unborn infant Zoro had in him.

Well, Zoro managed stop himself from trying to touch those dumbbells and he managed to give that up somehow.

But the problem was booze.

It turned out that booze also had to be taken away from him. To Zoro it was unfair. I mean, how could they ever take the very thing he treasures the most (much to Sanji's displeasure.) away from him? Isn't it cruel?

When the swordsman always got a bottle of booze in hand, Sanji'd always take it away and Zoro'd get an hour (or maybe more) full of scolding from the cook.

Most of the time it would end up with Zoro sulking and he'd ignore Sanji for the rest of the day but the 'ignoring' part always resulted to a fail because apparently, according to Chopper, now that him and the cook mated and marked one another, he now cannot survive a day without Sanji by his side. And it goes for the same as Sanji.

So, it would always result to Zoro giving up his 'ignore the damn cook for stealing away the thing I adored the most in this world' plan and just go to the cook and ask cuddles from him, which Sanji'd delightfully give to him.

Zoro didn't like how Sanji took two of his precious things in this world away from him but he understood why Sanji did it. For the baby.

Zoro didn't despise the unborn child that was inside his belly but he was annoyed of all the morning sickness (-es) that's been happening more often.

And the weird-ass cravings had also begun.

Sanji's face always crinkled everytime the swordsman asked him to make something that had a strange combination according to Sanji.

Once, Zoro told Sanji to make him a sandwich with fish, lettuce, strawberry jam, and peanut butter combined.

Sanji, the stupid careless person he is, commented of how weird the swordsman's cravings were which ended up with him having a big bump on his blond head and hours of no attention from Zoro.

But nothing a simple teasing peck on the cheek and apology can't handle.

And somehow Sanji managed to endure those days full of unnatural strange cravings from Zoro, also managing to stop himself from making comments about it since he didn't want to experience hours with no contact or whatsoever from Zoro.

But the most hectic part for Sanji was after when they told the crew about his mate's pregnancy.

____

"Yeah so. Zoro's pregnant."

Silence.

Sanji gulped as none of his friends replied. He took a glance at what expressions they might have on their faces then instantly averted his eyes.