𝐭𝐰𝐨

" it's negative attention at best
but call it nothing maybe it's something, a little bit,
a little bit maybe it's something
to do a little bit it's all
about ascension, i guess
don't put me to rest ,,

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE THE FINDING OF REX-LAPIS' DEATH

IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE THE FINDING OF REX-LAPIS' DEATH. y/n, had offered to help the traveler, aether, through-out his quest and in traveling around teyvat with him, having met up with two of the other adeptus', mountain shaper, and cloud retainer. it was clear upon the mention of the geo lord's passing caused the adeptus' great distress.

and it caused y/n great distress too, having known the archon apon their younger ages, and for him to suddenly up and pass on to the next life, was horrid in their eyes.

for the past three to four days, most nights they had laid there, wide awake, thinking of what could have happened if they knew where to find the archon, to keep him safe and protected from whatever had caused his death.

but surprisingly, with the presence of the yaksha, who sat there, they had slept peacefully, mind quiet of their rapidly intimidating thoughts and sleepless nights having washed away.

though the guilt sat unsteadily in the pit of their stomach, they woke up to a pair of small gloved hands on their face, aggressively rubbing circles on their cheeks while a voice tried to get the small hands off.

a pout came from the smaller figure, while a larger gloved hand, gently rested against their forehead, a voice sounded out once more. " y/n? " he queried, his tone soft. a murmur escaped the archon's child, shuffling lightly, they could feel a light weight next to them, sinking into the bed they resided in with the same small hands resting on their arm, almost as if the child had been hugging it.

the immortal pried open their eyes, half lidded e/c hues staring into concerned but soft golden ones. " xiao? " they queried quietly yet softly, half-asleep and un-noticed of their surroundings, they gently reached their free hand up, grasping onto the hand that laid against their forehead.

no.. wait, that's not xiao. they blinked a bit rapidly, regaining site from the previously blurry vision they gazed through. " aether? " the golden-haired boy smiled softly, nodding. " yeah it's me.. and paimon. " he chortled, slipping his hand from the other's he moved backwards, allowing the enby to sit up straight.

they slipped their arm from the pixie's grip, instead wrapping it around the small being and pulling it close whilst their free-hand rested atop their lap. " what's going on..? " they inquired, turning to look at the other immortal.

" childe— the fatui agent we met up with— wants us to take us to a place called ' liuli pavilion ', says he wants to introduce us to someone that'll most likely help us. " he informed, catching the archon descendant up to speed with what had been happening, soon enough continuing. " we thought it's be better if you were to come with us, experience the whole thing— ya'know? "