𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

" he needed more than me
i'm friendly and thoughtful
and quite awfully pretty but
he needed more than me ,,

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

         WITHOUT ANY STRUGGLES, AETHER WAS SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING HIS PASSPORT

         WITHOUT ANY STRUGGLES, AETHER WAS SUCCESSFUL IN GETTING HIS PASSPORT. he turned towards the archon, brows narrowed. " so,,, " he drawled, y/n arched a brow, a gentle hum escaping them as if urging the golden traveler to continue. " ..how are we gonna get to the city..? "

y/n paused, biting on their finger, their lips parted and shut over, and over until they finally managed a reply. " we'll.. we'll have to sneak you in, outlanders are only necessarily welcomed in ritou, as stupid as it is. but there's a chance we can sneak you in, we just have to be careful with our movements. " they huffed.

aether's lips tugged into a frown, his shoulders slugging forward — common signs y/n knew well; aether was disappointed, distraught, even. their hand formed a fist, lightly tapping his shoulder with said fist. " hey don't go all down in the dumps on me, aether. " they smiled merely, but it had a tint of assurement behind the smile.

" we'll get you to my ma one way or another, don't fret about it. m'kay? " the archon finished, head tilting to the side ever-so-slightly, aether's tired golden hues reached their own e/c ones. " you need to have more faith, bossman. " they chuckled, earning a roll of the eyes from aether, but a soft huff and the bow of a head. " i guess you're right. "

" i'm always right 'scuse you! " they joked. " uhhh-huh. " the blonde hummed, a half-assed smile making it's way to his lips as his brows furrowed. " sure, keep telling yourself that, inflate your ego more than it is. " he mused. " shut up. " " no. " " fuck you. " " love you too. "

after their playful bickering, y/n informed him they'd be attempting to find a way to get aether into inazuma city, and eventually seperated from the blonde after giving him a pat on the head and assuring they'd be okay.

as their feet marched along the dewey grass, their fingers gently brushed against a pendant, something that their aunt had given them a few months prior to her passing. it was a sterling silver, in the shape of a plumeria with the inner a light purple leading into white.

their lips tugged into a frown, brushing the pad of their thumb across the light details. it was something they kept close half the time, rarely having worn it, but today? they decided to do so, in memory of their aunt.

in memory of that before her passing.

before their mother grew cold, and longed for eternity.

their eyes began to grow blood-shot, water building up against their lower lashes and bluring their vision. they shook their head, and pressed forward. ignoring the angry noises that emerged from near-by hilichurls and the whizzing sound of arrows that flung towards them.