𝐭𝐞𝐧

" i am a fish inside a bird cage
my brother always sings me songs
with his beak he tries to soothe me
he makes me feel that i belong. ,,

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

" PLEASE, STAY SAFE, Y/N

" PLEASE, STAY SAFE, Y/N. " ZHONGLI SPOKE, A FIRM TONE IN HIS VOICE AS HE LIGHTLY PATTED THEIR SHOULDER — y/n smiled up at the darker-haired archon. " i will, zhongli, no need to worry about this one. " they mused, motioning towards themselves, earning a soft smile and a chuckle from the geo archon.

" i know you will, just, proceed with caution, please, i know how your past is.. " he trailed, lips twisting into a frown. y/n themselves frowned, shaking their head and resting their hand atop of the other's. " i know, i know, but trust me, one visit to my ma wouldn't hurt. " the archon descendant tried to joke, but sighed soon after.

" i'm nervous, i don't know how she'll react, or if she'll react at all. " y/n admitted, their e/c hues trailing towards the ground beneath them.

zhongli solemnly smiled, though mere, it was genuine. " turn that frown into a smile, y/n. " he began, moving to ruffle their h/l locks of h/c hair. " i'm sure your mother will be ecstatic to see you again. "

" and if she isn't? "

" you will always have a home here with me, child. " zhongli assured softly, clearing his throat, he gently fixed the enby's hair, and eventually turned them around by their shoulders. " now, off you go, don't want to keep your friend and miss beidou waiting. " the male mused.

y/n let out a soft laugh. " right, right, thanks zhongli. " they smiled, dragging their feet across the ground and towards the docks of the boat where beidou, aether, and paimon had been waiting.

as the group boarded the boat, y/n turned, waving a good-bye towards zhongli, who returned the wave lightly, a smile gracing his lips, though a hint of solemnity swirled in his eyes, worried for the child he grown to see as his own, stability.

he feared, that something could go wrong, with everything happening up in inazuma, he was concerned, and hoped nothing bad would happen.

eventually, the archon's child turned towards aether, brows raised and a mere smile uplifting onto their lips. " you ready for this aether? " " ..ready as i'll ever be. " the golden haired immortal paused, head tilting lightly. " and what about you, y/n? "

" nervous. " they admitted, shoulders slouching. the golden blonde nodded. " i can't blame you, if i were in your shoes i'd be nervous as hell if i were to finally returned to my birth-home after running away thirteen years ago. " he laughed weakly, a glint of sadness in his eyes.

y/n frowned, gently resting a hand atop of his shoulder. " hey. " they began. " we'll find your sister, i promise you. " the enby reminded.

" again, i doubt my mother would have any tabs on her, or if she spotted her, but, she may have something. " y/n paused, clicking their tongue. " we'll just have to wait and see. "