Rain Storm

Banging echoed from my front door along with loud and muffled urgent calls. I was awoken startled by the unexpectedness of this late night visiter.
Who in the world could it be at this witching hour?!

I grumbled sitting up as I blindly slipped on my slippers.

I grabbed my glasses and my toupee placing them both on and shuffled down stairs towards my front door, I took a moment to listen to the voice before peering out the peephole and sighed seeing it was Teddy. I grabbed my key from the hook and unlocked the door, opening it to see Teddy was soaked from his hat to his shoes.

"Oh thank god! Mort! You gotta let me in! That storm out there is getting pretty violent and I don't think I can get home." He shivered as I hummed in response.
"Teddy not to sound rude but why're you here and why so late?" I asked as he groaned.
"Can I explain that inside? I think I'm catching hypothermia- I don't think I can feel my butt.." Teddy moved an arm back for a moment before cuddling himself again.

"Never-mind I can feel it- but please let me in Mort! Please!" He begged.
"Fine- Fine- get in! I'll make you some coffee and get you something else to put on." I offered as Teddy hurried in thanking me on his way as I locked up my door again.

"Oh wow- you have a lot of urns! Not that I'm complaining I think it's kind of cool in a weird way...aren't you scared of getting haunted?" Teddy asked as I hummed awkwardly.

"..anyways- I can fetch you a spare blanket to cover yourself while you wait." We climbed the stairs up to my living room.
"Avoiding the question that's fine- you don't have to answer but it's fine- it's fine." Teddy muttered as I rolled my eyes.
"I try not thinking about that." I muttered back as he awed entering the living quarters.

"Oh wow! That looks normal! Not that it isn't normal- just more normal than-"
"Yep I get it! I live in a funeral home filled with dead bodies!" I sighed walking towards the fireplace setting it ablaze.

"I didn't mean to make it sound rude it's just- it's nice is what I mean." He frowned as I rubbed the back of my neck.
"It's fine. You can take a seat on the floor next to the fireplace that way you can heat up as I fetch you a couple blankets and some clothes." I left the room and headed to my own, searching through the closets to find big woolly blankets.

"Storms Crazy isn't it!" Teddy shouted from the living room.
"I suppose!" I responded back.

I managed to find one.
And clothes for Teddy was gonna be a bit of an issue.
He and I are both plus sized guys but compared to myself Teddy has a bit more stuffing than I do so my clothes aren't exactly gonna be the best fit for him.

The best that I could possibly do is give him some spare underwear and have his clothes dry by tomorrow.

"I was honestly so glad you were awake Mort- I tried Bobbys first but he wasn't answering!" Teddy grunted as I frowned a little.
"Uhuh!" I groaned and shut the closet door grabbing some underwear and I made my way back to the living room. I stopped in the middle of the doorway watching Teddy struggling to get his pants off all the while cursing. I turned my head and have a gentle cough. He stopped shuffling and made an 'oh' sound with his mouth.

"Oh Uhh sorry." Teddy mumbled as I shrugged and peeked over at him holding up the blankets and under garments and walked towards him dropping them down on his lap.
"Thank you." Teddy glanced down at the pile I dumped on him.

"I didn't exactly have anything your size so I hope the underwear and blankets will be okay just for tonight and I can wash and dry your clothes for the morning." Teddy nodded and handed me his clothes all nicely folded.
"You're a True friend Mort I appreciate you." Teddy smiled and wrapped himself up in the blanket as I wiped a smile off my face with my thumb like I was trying to wipe away excess toothpaste.

{Time Skip}

I yawned as I gripped my half empty coffee cup sitting next to Teddy by the fire.

I had grabbed myself a blanket too and I had sat listening to Teddy's tale on how he wound up at my doorstep and any other he had lined up. I was starting to feel myself drift off when I caught myself feeling a little luke warm coffee dribble on my chin as I was trying to drink it.

"Mort you gotta.." Teddy pointed at his chin as I wiped mine.

"I think I'm gonna go hit the ol coffin this old soul can't stay up forever." I stood up letting the blanket fall off me as Teddy glanced up at me his mouth slightly gaped.

"You mean like going to bed right? You're not dying right? Cause you're too young to die Mort! And you're one of my best friends! So losing you would be like losing one of my lucky wrenches!" Teddy got up gripping the blanket as to not let it fall and I chuckled gently patting his shoulder.

"Yes to bed Teddy."
"And you should get some sleep too, want me to turn off the fire?" I asked as he sat down on the couch.

"Nah, I'll turn it off in a bit. I've got some thinkin to do first." I nodded and made my way out.

"Night Teddy." I said holding onto the door knob.
"Ah- goodnight Mort." Teddy replied back lying down on the couch as I shut the door on him and my way back to my chambers. Settling down back into my own bed. Taking off my hairpiece and glasses setting them aside soon letting my head rest onto my pillow.

I could feel my eyes shut as I got more comfortable.

I let my duvet hug me taking me in its warm embrace as I slowly slipped into a peaceful rest.